It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multivitamins Made Me Feel Great

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have been diagnosed in the past with bipolar disorder. I used to be on meds for it, but I felt they were just making things worse and decided to quit spending my money on doctors and pills as they weren't helping much. I've learned to live with it on my own, and I feel a lot better not being on those prescriptions.

Occasionally I get in a type of low energy, depressive state that tends to last for a few weeks at a time. It's something I've learned to deal with and doesn't interfere too much in my life, thankfully. Recently though, I've notice that my diet has been horrible, and maybe a multivitamin would help get me out of the low energy, depressive state I was in.

It did wonders. I have a lot more energy now, and I feel a lot better about myself. Maybe it was some type of placebo effect, but I have never been one to believe pills will make you better. It's amazing how getting the proper amount of nutrients can boost your physical and mental wellness. Now I'm trying to cut out fast food (its really hard) and I'm feeling even better! I honestly couldn't believe that my diet could have such a huge affect on my mental health.

Has anyone else noticed a change in their demeanor when eating healthier? Does anyone else take multivitamins? Have they made a big impact on your well being and/or physical stamina? For me, they have worked wonders and I recommend them to anyone with a poor diet.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I take multi-vitamins. I don't notice a huge overall effect from them but I do notice that my nails grow faster and are a lot stronger and my hair seems healthier. My energy level and general feeling of health is, for me, much more tied into how I am eating. When I have a lot of caffeine, sugar and heavy carbs I feel much more tired throughout the day. I've actually cut out most caffeine, sodas, sugary drinks like Vitamin Water, pasta as my main course, and carb-heavy breakfasts and that has made a much bigger impact on my energy levels and mood.

I wouldn't stop seeing your doctor though. If it is clinical bi-polar disorder you are dealing with a chemical imbalance in your body that vitamins alone cannot fully address. I don't think everyone with disorders such as that need medicine but you should let your doctor continue to closely monitor it!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Big ups to the OP.

you are totally right.

I get crap nutrition. I might as well eat outta garbage cans.

And when I take a multi-vitamin, by that evening I have mad stamina! I can do all kinds of housework, or writing, or anything else!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have quit smoking and drinking soda. I also have been making sure I eat what my body needs before I eat what it wants. I feel 10 times better, my moods and energy are consistent. I had never thought about a multi vit I think i will try that, thank you. I am with Realornot regarding keeping your doc in the loop.

top topics

join