It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Claim to Solve Meteorite Mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Scientists Claim to Solve Meteorite Mystery

news.yahoo.com

Despite doubts expressed by geologists that the crater was actually caused by a meteorite and firm explanations that a meteorite would not even emit fumes and that the "sickness" was likely a case of mass hysteria, numerous onlookers far and wide were fascinated by the idea that this event could be some real-life "Andromeda Strain" (the 1969 novel by Michael Crichton), where a mysterious rock falling to Earth from outerspace made anyone who went near it ill.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I suppose I should be grateful that the world has not been plunged into a Crichton novel...But it would admittedly liven things up a bit from Democratic debates and VMA performances.
Of course, AP is not the most trustworthy source out there. I maintain that there is something more to this...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
the meteorite could really be this (my opinion) If the satellite were destroyed in space.the plutonium power source may have re-entered earth,hitting the ground looking like a "meteorite",but really being a lump of radioactive plutonium.

"Russian Military Intelligence Analysts are reporting today that one of the United States most secretive spy satellites, the KH-13, targeting Iran was 'destroyed in its orbit' with its main power generator powered by the radioactive isotope Pu-238 surviving re-entry and crashing in a remote region of the South American Nation of Peru, and where hundreds are reported to be ill from radiation poisoning."

article
english.pravda.ru...
American spy satellite downed in Peru as US nuclear attack on Iran thwarted - Pravda.Ru

this article say the rock was glowing at the beginning
also related and that villager had
'dermal injuries", which include heat burns!

" More than 150 people have shown up with dermal injuries, which include heat burns. Most of the other casualties have reported feeling nauseous, suffering from respiratory problems, dizziness and had been vomiting :

According to Peru's La Republica newspaper, due to the high number of illnesses, district authorities are considering placing the town of Carancas, Puno, Peru in a state of emergency.

According to the townspeople, the illnesses began after the meteorite crashed and they began to touch the glowing rock believing it had some type of monetary value. "

burnsarticlewww.prisonplanet.com...
Peru : Meteorite, Or A Crashed US Spy Satellite?

[edit on 27-9-2007 by LightsInYourMind]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LightsInYourMind

Ugh Sorcha Faal, disinformation central. She/he (David Booth) can not be trusted. He either works for the Russian FSB or is a new age wacko or both.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LightsInYourMind

Not to mention that according to a guy responding to another thread about this, he had a friend who worked in CDC who got dispatched down there. Apparently they are putting people under lock and key.

This was no ordinary meteorite, thats for sure. I dont know why they dont just admit it was a spy satellite.

top topics

join