It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion from Anyone That Has Large Tattoos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have several small tattoos, and just recently had the top half of my back covered with one large one.

I'd like to hear from any members that have really large ink if they had any extra trouble with theirs healing.

Mine is continuing to itch like it's in the peeling stage, though it was finalized about a month ago. I had a rash around the bottom edge of it, but not on the ink, on the skin just below it. And part of my back skin feels numb.

It could be stress -- I rash when I'm stressed, and I also get numb spots in my back from tension, but I'm paranoid my gorgeous tat is contributing.

Has anyone had any experience with this? I showed the rash to my artist and he said it wasn't ink related, but I still gotta ask...

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i have...don't sweat it....different areas of the body are different. artists don't all use the same ink. i had my left ribcage done with a dragon and had it filled in red about 5 years ago, now it has totally faded. looks like the read was never there.

it all just depends really. not all tattoos/spots/inks/techniques, etc are the same....

i saw your pic...it looks fine...

i got my elbows done about a month ago and my left elbow still has some peely spots....right one is fine.

ihas your hair been dangling down and irritating it?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
my girlfriend got some cool feathery wings that are really big on her upper back and she said it peeled like crazy and itched like all heck, especially around the edges where the outline of the ink was deeper, but she didn't give in and itch it, and it eventually healed up fine and looks great.

(PM for a pic if u want)

[edit on 10/5/2007 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Did you use a cream, you may have had a reaction. I use Protat Premium and never have had a problem.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's finally stopped. I think it's that the tat is so big and I'm so sensitive to chemicals and things that the itching was much longer than it would have been on a smaller tattoo.

Getting bit by something didn't help either.

But it's better now! And the memory's faded enough that I wistfully imagine having the funds for the next one.

top topics

join