It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

proof of god?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been posted so if it has I'm sorry

Just with all of the time-space-god stuff going around I got interested and took a deeper look.

I'm not sure what to think of this, they finally decide that gravity is the ultimate source of God. Maybe some ATSers who are more knowledgable in Psychology can help explain this in laymans terms, and also I just wanted to get others opinions. It's quite in depth but it's good read if you can get your head around it I think.

scientific proof of god?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I read that there is no gravity, time, or matter, we are just in gods own universe, just electrical signals in our minds. Check out a topic I made called "Timelessness and the reality of fate" I put a link to an ebook there which uses famous scientific minds and their findings to put them all together and prove that the universe was in fact created by a creator and nothing is a coincidence, it's very interesting and a very good read, I think you will enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

It could be years before enough people find out about it to attract the attention of the scientific community.

That one line is enough to make me doubt that it is actually a scientific proof. I feel that until the majority of the scientific community accepts it, that it is a scientific theory.

Also, I'm not here to debate the existance of god, scientifically, theologically, or philosophically, I'm here to give my opinion on the validity of this material. Please don't flame me for being of the non-Christian persuasion.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yes, true Kaoszero but the guy does make some good points about it all.

I'm hoping someone can simplify the process for my simple mind.

Thanks for the heads up NEODI I'll check it out

edit:
yes, PROOF, or THEORY, just reread your post KZ. It does say scientific proof on their page, but theory would be more accurate I agree.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by MrDead]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
No problem, I hope you enjoy it. I don't view people as any type of religion; I just classify people in 2 categories. The Materialists who do not believe in any kind of a creator and think matter and time was and is here forever, and those who believe in a creator. I believe in a creator, but I don�t go beyond the scientific side so I�m not part of any religion. That book really opens up your mind with it�s scientific side and how much proof it has of a creator. Most of it is not religious so it�s easy to follow for anyone.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Bullsh1t.

And here are 12 more words just so this post goes through.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDead

Thanks for the heads up NEODI I'll check it out

edit:
yes, PROOF, or THEORY, just reread your post KZ. It does say scientific proof on their page, but theory would be more accurate I agree.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by MrDead]

I also would like someone to simplify the process for my mind, because there are some parts that I just couldn't grasp.

I agree that the author does make good points, points that I am in no way qualified to argue with. However, I still maintain that until it is accepted in the scientific community, that it is a theory. A very well written theory, but a theory no less.

Mad props for the article find MrDead, it is definitely a piece of literature that makes a person think

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This just proves that people don't grow as tall as they should etc, the fact that God is there and that it "coincides" with some religious doctrine somewhere, doesn't prove God. What a scam! No wonder it won't "catch up" with the current scientific views for a few years, try a few thousand years at least.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Alright God! Thanks for keeping me from flying out into space!
Way to go! Let's all have a big hand for God!

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Bullsh1t.

And here are 12 more words just so this post goes through.

Hey now, everyone has their beliefs. I don�t know how you can call that bul#, unless you write a counter book which explains how all of those are wrong I wouldn�t argue if I were you. At least I�d rather follow a theory than read STORY books (bible) written by any person and passed down for thousands of years that don�t even offer any real explanations or solid proof. Everyone has their theories and beliefs, but to deny any creation by anything is just ignorance and has been proven wrong in that book with the help of theories from some of the smartest scientific minds.

Did you even read that book? Or did you just read my post and jump to conclusions? Like they say, don�t judge a book by it�s cover.

Alright God! Thanks for keeping me from flying out into space!
Way to go! Let's all have a big hand for God!

Can you please explain why god would want to keep us out of space? I mean cmon it's not like we live on a stage in some reality show and can't get out, the univere is there, it's real, and there is nothing that was ever even trying to stop us from exploring it.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by NEODI]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NEODI
Can you please explain why god would want to keep us out of space? I mean cmon it's not like we live on a stage in some reality show and can't get out, the univere is there, it's real, and there is nothing that was ever even trying to stop us from exploring it.

Hell, I don't know. I just thought it was a funny thing to say.
You know, like;

...and now for our next contestant! GOD!!! Come on down!

I can't really answer the question, since I don't really believe in god. But perhaps it's because there's no freaking oxygen there?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Or what about this one? What if the Earth is really flat and the only thing we can comprehent of this world due to our notorical questioning and lack of faith? That gravity maybe doesn't even exist, neither matter? That we live in a kind of projection produced by our own imagination, or maybe someone else's? That we live in our own dream somehow, or again, someone else's, and that everything is really possible if we only allow ourselves to believe in it? And that when we sleep we are maybe in a more real world? A place where everything is infact possible, where there are no limits or constraints, and our faith gets better room to live? The globular Earth may just be a misconception or an illusion due to our lack of faith and imagination and the collective constraint we call logics? That when we think we walk straight forward, we really walk in circles, which gives us the impression the Earth is globular?Hmmm. *Trying to concentrate so I can leave the ground* Darn! It didn't work.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by mikromarius]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In my opinion this guy is very confused about gravity. According to his article, his hypothetical psychological E,N,P,g measuring system is influenced by gravity (curvature of space-time). Then he makes a very weird transistion that I can't really understand; that his E,N,P,g can be curved just like normal space-time and that this curvature causes God. Nothing about what causes the curvature and how this causes God. All the other links are dead, so I can't read more about this, but I think that even if the links worked the article is still very weird.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
"STRIDE? all right then ill roll though the gates of hell must you make fun of everything"

MR DEAD I WORSHIP YOU

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDead

Well... not really.

Basically he says our head size is controlled by gravity (not true, otherwise people who live in the mountains would have larger heads than the lowlanders) and that we use only 85% of a brain which should be 15% larger (except that our skulls would have to be larger. That's muscle and bone mass and if we don't want more back and neck problems, we'd have to be taller and stronger. And taller and stronger people are not necessarily smarter than us short people.

And from that, he concludes a cosmic deity.

Now... if a theory is true, you have to be able to falsify it. That would mean that "people with small skulls don't have any spirituality."

You can find lots of counterexamples to that in the world (the Pygmies have a system of religion and certainly find Christianity and other religions comprehensible.) Prehistoric man worshipped gods.

No, this is a fairly wild theory with no underpinnings and it won't get any serious consideration by anyone in the sciences.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MUDDYFOX
"STRIDE? all right then ill roll though the gates of hell must you make fun of everything"

MR DEAD I WORSHIP YOU
thanks

Thanks all for the replies and input. I admit the article did sound a little out there, and when I read it he did seem to make some good points, but you are right, byrd, amantine, and thanks for explaining things, pointing out the mistakes etc.

The search for proof continues.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Basically he says our head size is controlled by gravity (not true, otherwise people who live in the mountains would have larger heads than the lowlanders) and that we use only 85% of a brain which should be 15% larger (except that our skulls would have to be larger. That's muscle and bone mass and if we don't want more back and neck problems, we'd have to be taller and stronger. And taller and stronger people are not necessarily smarter than us short people.

And from that, he concludes a cosmic deity.

Can someone explain how the author reaches this conclusion?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
all authority and power is given to Jesus- he is king- he rules forever, whatever you believe and whatever arguements u put up, in the end nothing stands in the way of his power. miracles are happening, God is moving!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
ok, i studied psychology and a lot of topics in psychology are not 100% reliable. In fact we are taught to scrutinise every psychological claim and to only take it as fact if there have been a large scale experiment performed with maximum possible reliability. And even then very often you still cant rely on the results.

This article sounds like its written by some ignoramus with a dictionary for the long words. The first half of it ONLY talks about this 3-axis geometric cube which is the "structure model". Then claims that this is proof of god. And IQ being the 4th axis; time?! First off if he even studied psychology, he wouldn't be accepting IQ as being an accurate measurement of intelligence. None of this makes ANY sense, and i dont care about being flamed or anything, but MrDead, you simply cant read this article, admit that you dont understand it, and then defend it when people are calling it a load of rubbish.

There are a lot more reasons why this article sucks, but im not going to waste my time. Anyone with half a brain can tell this is BS.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I didnt understand it, but I only wanted some one to help me understand it and get other peoples opinions, in no way do I agree with what the guy is saying. I just wanted it explained before I dismissed it.

I read it and because I didn't understand it, it sounded like it could be possible.
Now thanks to the smarter members of ATS I do understand the gist of it, and yes, it is BS.

Thanks again folks.
Let's allow this thread to die in peace and rot now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join