It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters gather to march on Capitol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Protesters gather to march on Capitol

news.yahoo.com

Thousands of protesters gathered Saturday outside the White House to demand an end to the Iraq war as counter-protesters rallied to meet them on a planned march to the Capitol.

The protesters gathered in Lafayette Park with signs saying "End the war now" and calling for President Bush's impeachment. The rally, organized by the ANSWER Coalition and other groups, was expected to conclude with a march to the Capitol.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Separated by 13 city blocks, two sides to the Middle East conflict, stating their cases.

Anti-war protesters also calling for the impeachment of Bush.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The neo-cons protesting against protesters are just brainwahed morans. If they would truly supporting the USA, they would want the head of the Bush administration for their countless treasonous actions.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Support the troops, bring them home. Eh?

I'm suprised actually. I was thinking that almost all of the US population had become complacant to their governments actions. Congrats, theres still some life in your people yet.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The neo-cons protesting against protesters are just brainwahed morans. If they would truly supporting the USA, they would want the head of the Bush administration for their countless treasonous actions.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Vitchilo]

The LIBROIDS protesting against the pro-military conservatives are just brainwashed morons.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You elected democratic Congress is doing nothing, that is who you should be angry t . They are the ones who promised to bring home the troops, and failed. Bush sis announcing it and no one takes notice. Sheehan needs to go find a job as a greeter at Wal MArt or something, where she might be needed.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i know the protest wont do much,but atleast they are doing something,and your right,it's congress thats allowing this to go on,they could end it if they wanted to... the whole lot of them are no good in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
i know the protest wont do much,but atleast they are doing something,and your right,it's congress thats allowing this to go on,they could end it if they wanted to... the whole lot of them are no good in my opinion.

Its a shame that more people dont realise this. If letters started to swarm senators and representatives across the nation, i think something would be done. But most people dont even know who their senator/representative is let alone know that they can write them to voice their opinion.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm very much interested in the counter-demonstration group of Vietnam Veteans... they are called "Gathering of Eagles"

who countered the anti war-in-iraq crowd of this demonstration....

? did they have an 'assembly' or 'parade' permit? or were they allowed to counter-protest with the blessings of the administration?

? let's get a demographic of the profile of these 'Pro-War, Vietnam-vets'
...is it really possible that all those abused souls that survived the conflict
itself, and the Agent Orange & PTSD stuff, which a series of administrations
keep sweeping under-the-rug..would suddnly find a grass-roots movement of dedicated Patriots..ready+willing+desirious to show complete support
for a morass/quagmire in Iraq & demonstrate to the 70% of the Americans
who feel Bush&Co is as wrong as Johnson-&-Nixon were in that era

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If I'm no mistaken, much of the decisions made by the US senate have been vetoed by the president lately... which means the Senate has no power to begin with.

I think it's the Presidents Veto power you should be angry with.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
If I'm no mistaken, much of the decisions made by the US senate have been vetoed by the president lately... which means the Senate has no power to begin with.

I think it's the Presidents Veto power you should be angry with.

Sorry but you are mistaken. The President has only vetoed 3 bills and two of them dealt with stem cells.
The Senate has the power so blame them. Even when a President does use his veto power, the senate can overide it if they are sound on their principles.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
I'm very much interested in the counter-demonstration group of Vietnam Veteans... they are called "Gathering of Eagles"

who countered the anti war-in-iraq crowd of this demonstration....

? did they have an 'assembly' or 'parade' permit? or were they allowed to counter-protest with the blessings of the administration?

? let's get a demographic of the profile of these 'Pro-War, Vietnam-vets'
...is it really possible that all those abused souls that survived the conflict
itself, and the Agent Orange & PTSD stuff, which a series of administrations
keep sweeping under-the-rug..would suddnly find a grass-roots movement of dedicated Patriots..ready+willing+desirious to show complete support
for a morass/quagmire in Iraq & demonstrate to the 70% of the Americans
who feel Bush&Co is as wrong as Johnson-&-Nixon were in that era

Oh good point. What a great way to discredit the marchers by counter protesting with former vietnam vets.
Last time I checked ( hmm last week) I saw several of them at the Veterans Hospital with legs blown off, limbs missing
Ya know, I think it would be enlightening to strike up a conversation with some of these guys and see what THEIR take is on all this.
Well it could be that there are some former vets on the counter protest-lets see maybe the higher ups that maybe even never saw battle ( just speculation here cuz I LOVE our vets and would NEVER disrespect any of them)
I'm going to look into these counter protetstors. I'd like to see who they really are too.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think it's great that there are people that are willing to protest this war and call for impeachment. It took acts like this to get out of Vietnam and it looks like the only way we are going to get out of the Iraq war.

reply to post by esdad71

I'm guessing from your response that you think this administration hasn't done anything wrong? I also wonder, if it weren't for people like these to oppose Bush & Co. and he had his way with everything, what would this country be like?

Would you be happy with that?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Funny how the neo-conned movement can only muster 1000 souls against 100,000 patriotic Americans.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

I agree with you 100% they should be impeaching right now Bush and Cheney.

But this is a lesson to all Americans that believe in party lines . . . is not such thing as party divisions they all work for the same masters.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
And through this demonstration, 190 people were arrested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do believe when I read about the arrests... people were laying on the lawn, and climbing over barricades (or something like that).

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Nice to hear the americans are already supposed to bring home around 7000 troops by christmas.
I hop other countries in the war do the same.

join