It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. develops 14-ton super bomb, bigger than Russian vacuum bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

U.S. develops 14-ton super bomb, bigger than Russian vacuum bomb

en.rian.ru

WASHINGTON, September 13 (RIA Novosti) - The U.S. has a 14-ton super bomb more destructive than the vacuum bomb just tested by Russia, a U.S. general said Wednesday.

The statement was made by retired Lt. General McInerney, chairman of the Iran Policy Committee, and former Assistant Vice Chief of Staff of the Air Force.

McInerney said the U.S. has "a new massive ordnance penetrator that's 30,000 pounds, that really penetrates ... Ahmadinejad has nothing in Iran that we can't penetrate."

He also said the new Russian bomb was not a "penetrator."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Great so now we have a bigger bomb ...

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
As vacuums go, these things really suck.

Sorry, too easy ........

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This is just sad, sad, sad...

My d*ck is much bigger than yours...

'hey i've got a bomb that can burn the bones of a thousand children!!!'

'yeah so what? My bomb can target hospitals and will burn the flesh from the innocent'

'yeah, so... I got a bomb that will suck the very air out of a nearby town, literally turning every living thing inside out...'

'yeah... so...' etc etc etc...

sad, sad, sad...

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
There are already threads on ATS about this. These are different types of bombs. The US is a penetrator bomb which is larger, but the Russian one has more explosive power.

So yes the US has the bigger bomb weight-wise but Russia has the more powerful bomb explosive wise and they both are intended for 2 different purposes. Not an apples to apples comparison here.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well at least it's not a nuclear bomb.

If we could just manufactur 10,000 of these 14 ton conventional bombs I bet we could win a world war and solve the worlds over population problem, without contaminating the atmosphere and the oceans too badly.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

top topics

join