It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The carping goes on and on...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ok...it finally got to me.

No finger-pointing or name calling.

I'm now in the state of Pissedoffness < added a new word to the dictionary.

DuckstersDictionary.notcalm Unabridged (v1.1) - Cite this source
pissedoffness
-adverb Slang: Vulgar
the state of being angry or annoyed

[Origin:2007]

Notice how I typed all that up ^ there in retarded details? Yeah?

Well that's for all the nitpickers.

Everyone is entitled to let off a little steam, and now it's my turn.

I have been feeling disgruntled in the past while, reading different threads that are constantly being bombarded with over-criticizing opinions.

Nitpicking.

I'm really sure there are alot of posters that see this happening as well.

Why do people reply and/or cite quotes of other posters, then 'rip apart' every single sentence?

Now before you start ripping my thoughts apart - word for word - understand my line of thinking.

I want to say firstly, that I understand if people need to 'quote' for re-iteration and clarification, yet, why is there a need for bombastiing
every single sentence?

Sheesh...some people would make great defence lawyers!

"I haven't seen it all", but I've been here long enough to see this blatently performed amongst a helluvalot of people.

IMHO, it's like the nitpickers are on some personal vendetta towards others of differing opinions. They're akin to 'lamprey eels' that don't want to let go. Pitbulls.

I understand that the moment I log-in to ATS, I'm facing various facets of 'individual thought' throughout the whole world. Not a biggie.

Every once in awhile, I happen upon threads that start out in a civil manner, and end up being a melee between a few individuals. These two or more individuals are so rapt in their own debates, that this leaves no room for 'outside' discussion. As far as I'm concerned, this thread just went 'to hell in a handbag'.

Have any of you noticed this?

I'm for the most part, an upbeat person. Water slides off this ducks back at a phenomenal rate.

But lately, the sluice has been clogged up with pissedoffness.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

[edit on 14-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I hear you Ducks.

I've gone the opposite route, and tend to argue one or two points from someone's entire post.

And then I've been groused at for not dealing with the rest of the post.

If you see lots of quote boxes, avoid the post, is my advice.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

You know what?...wait a min...

Firstly...Thankyou MM for replying in a very kind way. No really!

You're a year older than me, have different and same thoughts as me in life, and have a fabulous sense of humor.

I found that even though I'm a spiritual person, YOU in particular, haven't 'down-graded' my beliefs at all. Why is that?

If it isn't for that fact that people don't find me 'non-threatening', I would suppose that you are a kind/courteous/respectful person at heart.

I don't suppose that...I think that.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Why do people have to nit-pick?

I'm directing this to all the people who feel the need to pick apart posters sentences. Sentence by sentence.

Trust me with this, in my asking the 'nit-pickers' these questions:

*Do YOU feel like you are a 'forensic expert'...decifering every detail?
*Do YOU feel a 'pat on the back'...every time ....within your efforts?
*Do YOU feel satisfied that you are a historian or dictionary expert?
*Do you feel 'glorified' with every posting that you give; no matter what feelings or intellectual levels you step on, for the sake of revealling 'your truth'?
*Is all of the above - justifiable enough for you to plod through your meager existance of life, enough for you to stop being a human being and 'start being a human automaton'?

Walking...talking...human encyclopedias.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Shucks, you're embarassing me, Ducks.

I don't downgrade your beliefs because you aren't in my face with them. I know I sound harsh on this site sometimes to some of the hard core Christians, but that is (and I think you already know this) because they're so in-my-face about it, and proudly so.

I treasure all my friends here, most especially my Christian ones, who deal with old curmudgeonly me even when I'm going at the root of their faith (though not at them personally).

If everyone who had a faith acted like you, and Leyla, and some of the other Christians I've met on this board and in my life, I would not feel so threatened by their faith. You don't strike me as the type to try to get your own version of reality into public life.

You're a cool chick, chickie!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Let me tell you something MM.

YOU have never been 'in my face' with anything.

Do you want to know why I respect you?

Because you 'tell it like it is', in a coothful way. < There's another word to add to the DuckyDictionary.

Scruples........YOU have it MM.

One of the many reasons I look forward to reading your many posts.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
P.S.

You're a cut above the rest... MM!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
From rant to mutual stroking session in seven easy posts!

Hats off to the Duckster, everyone!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

jeese...it doesn't take much to get me started, let alone quieted down with a few kind words from a fellow member eh MM?

I must have broke a few records.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Still in the pissedoffness tho.

I wonder if my ravings are 'those of an 'acceptionaly forgiving spiritual being' or the concentual 'agreement upon bias's' of all members thinkings.

"Take it within the sense...that thou wilst." as told within Shakespearean context.

"An axe to grind..."

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
*holds out a beer*

Put down the axe, and come have a drink.

Seriously though, somebody in particular's style got you peeved? Some people just think better that way, point by point. I know that I tend to get distracted by my own mental footnotes and forget half of what I wanted to say.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Thanks for the beer.

Yes...there are a few people that 'got to me.' Sorry to say.

I always felt a certain 'pride'...for not having felt bias against certain peoples thoughts.

Yet..I'm a stinkin human and have been influenced by peoples postings.

There...I said it.

I applogize for my ranting thread, but I don't appologize for my feelings.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
Why do people reply and/or cite quotes of other posters, then 'rip apart' every single sentence?

Just for fun?

Now before you start ripping my thoughts apart - word for word - understand my line of thinking.

I'll try!

I want to say firstly, that I understand if people need to 'quote' for re-iteration and clarification, yet, why is there a need for bombastiing
every single sentence?

Perhaps it's to make you mad? I don't really know.

Sheesh...some people would make great defence lawyers!

You know it!

"I haven't seen it all", but I've been here long enough to see this blatently performed amongst a helluvalot of people.

Are you sure you've seen it all? There has to be something!

IMHO, it's like the nitpickers are on some personal vendetta towards others of differing opinions. They're akin to 'lamprey eels' that don't want to let go. Pitbulls.

Now you're just making me

Have any of you noticed this?

I sure have!

I'm just messing with you! It does bother me from time to time as well. I just :bnghd: or
!!! Otherwise I guess I ignore them too.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Who asked for an apology? Rant on, sister!

When you're mad, you're mad, nothing wrong with that. It's a human emotion and you're allowed to be human.

What I do when someone really riles me up like that or I feel my bloodpressure go up a bit when getting into a heated thread, is I just step back until a couple other people post, maybe let a couple days go by, then get back into it. If I don't feel like going back, then I know I said my piece and I don't even read the thread.

It's all just opinions, Ducks. At the end of the day, there's no reason to let someone else's opinions get under your skin.

Unless you want to, and then you come rant here. That's what this forum is for!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

I would more than venture to guess that, 'what I have to say in our threads - hits home...in a good way with people.

Merci beaucoup! Titon!

I'm feeling a 'sense of relief' with what MM said, as well as what you said too.

Tho some feelings still reside...I will cope.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Yep.

Like I said before, I don't normally go on a freakin rant, unless something is really F'n the piss out of me.

For the most part, I'm the person that is on the side-lines, giving a major poo poo about 'what's around me'.

I'm sick and tired of being a silent 'turd' on the sidlines. If I could cuss in here, without batting an eyelash, I probably would. I just know that there are other people in here who wouldn't appreciate my FULL cussing.

MM....this hasn't gotten the best of me.

I just wanted to let others know that I'm sick and freakin tired of the BS postings of these 'nitpickers'.

And yes, I plan on doing something about this...in a positive way

new topics

top topics

join