It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Complete State of the Union Address

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton versus George Bush, Jr.

It would be a slaughter. The public would see what a chump Jr. is.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
excerpt from Bush's speech last nite-

�From the beginning, America has sought international support for operations in Afghanistan and Iraq, and we have gained much support,� he said. �There is a difference, however, between leading a coalition of many nations and submitting to the objections of a few. America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people.�

There's one problem-
Ten million people protested against the war in Iraq in the U.S. alone.
That's more than a few.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Who wrote that speech and who approved it? It is more damaging than honouring.

Last month a girl in Lincoln, Rhode Island, sent me a letter. It began, "Dear George W. Bush." "If there is anything you know, I Ashley Pearson age 10 can do to help anyone, please send me a letter and tell me what I can do to save our country." She added this P.S.: "If you can send a letter to the troops ... please put, 'Ashley Pearson believes in you.'" Tonight, Ashley, your message to our troops has just been conveyed. And yes, you have some duties yourself. Study hard in school, listen to your mom and dad, help someone in need, and when you and your friends see a man or woman in uniform, say "thank you."

Now OMFG!!!! What a big piece of crap! Militarism, Uniformism and Patriotism to the max. Marx, Stalin and Mao would have loved the US gov as it is now.(just the wrong economic system) but the rest is like "Hell, babe. They stole my idea."

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The thing that really didn't make sense to me,after he opened his mouth, is that hes pledging 300 million dollars towards people when they get out of prison, to find jobs, give housing etc.., what about the people who are not in jail? what about the millions of people who are out of work now and have not been in prison. I'm all for giving people a second chance, but they did a crime to put themselves in that situation, I think you should take care of the population who are not ex-cons.
Granted I know some ex-cons, and some are brilliant minds, they just made a bad decision or whatever. But I still think they should not be considered first,so to speak, on jobs and housing.

I still want to know why only like 2% of the speech was directed at America, and what does the President have to do with steroids in sports????????Aaaaagggghhhhhhhh

tr

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Did he say he did not support amnesty? But did support legalizing any illegal who gets a job... or what? Are'nt the repubs against welfare? Now we have welfare for convicts. I thought my idea was too liberal ( Make them serve their time. Then let them out . Let them vote. Full citizen again) Are you all sure this guy isn't a pixar production from disney?

By the way, has anyone noticed our country is still pretty much the same except on tv?

Has anyone actually met anyone in public who likes Bush? I have'nt.

Even the ones who hated Clinton.

What happened to those punks that got into it with joan jett and the dems?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
In response to post :339643 rod paige didnt falsify info, some teachers did... for the last 18 yrs i have seen Houston Independant School Dist. get better while page was administrator... at 1st i hated him,& still dont agree with passing or failing a child due to standardized test scores... but my 18 yrs old can read on 4th grade level (before paige) my 9 yr old can read at grade level or above (after paige) so he really did make a difference here & with HISD!!! as for bush, he did nothing for texas when he was gov, i expected the same when he became pres

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Bush said:This Nation will not go back to the days of simply shuffling children along from grade to grade without them learning the basics. I refuse to give up on any child - and the No Child Left Behind Act is opening the door of opportunity to all of America's children.

Um. Bush could you bring us your Secretary of Education, Ron Page, so he can tell us the REAL results of those education tests in Houston which were found ot be all LIES instigated by you? Could we talk about that? Oh,nevermind.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by Colonel]

HEHE this is the post i refer too, sorry didnt know how to quote it

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Nick Cave wrote this from Dubya's perspective:

I am a crooked man
And I've walked a crooked mile
Night, the shameless widow
Doffed her weeds, in a pile
The stars all winked at me
They shamed a child
Your funeral, my trial