It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of British torture in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Proof of British torture in Iraq

www2.irna.ir

Human rights lawyer Phil Shiner Thursday disputed the British Foreign Office claim that the "government, including its intelligence and security agencies, never use torture for any purpose."
"Evidence in the public domain from the court martial into the death of Baha Mousa and the serious abuse of 10 other Iraqi civilians is clear in establishing this is not true," Shiner said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The British government, including its intelligence and security agencies, never use torture for any purpose, Well not officially anyway. LOL

www2.irna.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
One has to question the source.

I mean, abit hard to trust what the Iranians are saying at the moment.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I'll get this in before one of the "if the US had done this there would be 'x' amount of people all over this thread by now" brigade arrive.

If its true, and it can be proven, then those responsible should be prosecuted for war crimes, and punished accordingly to the full weight of international law.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I just cant see the British torturing people...
This war is not part of 'their' agender... they have no gain in any outcome here, why would they torture people for Americas attrocities?

even if they are.... is anyone really going to care?
How many different cases of miscounduct are we hearing from the US dominated media?
it will just be another crime, in a long list of offenses, that in the bigger picture looks pitiful!

Here's something to ponder,

a large share of interrogation is performed by contracted individuals, hired by corporate agencies....

good opinion below:
www.d-n-i.net...

The country isnt commiting torture, the hired individual is.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I saw the documentary on one of the pay channels. After a while I could not see anymore, it was absolutely incredible how much power this president has given to the corporate profiteers of this nation.

People should see the entire documentary and the interviews of people that witness the madness that has been released by corporate command in Iraq.

Even Soldiers said that they feel like been replaced on what used to be duties that they were trained for in the military with civilians and then crash train them while in Iraq.

This what our nation leaders has made of America. The torture was encouraged by contractors but none of them guilty behind the scene got any time in jail.

Because that would have included our own for the people elected government.

new topics

top topics

join