It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murdoch Media Launch 'Coup' To Take Down Australian Prime Minister

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
For all the Aussies out there, (and anti-NWO afficionadoe's),

How interesting is this? Check the link out here -
www.prisonplanet.com...

Friday September 7, 2007

Australian conservatives and neocons are furious that prime minister John Howard, now facing annihilation in the coming elections, won't do the right thing and step aside before he destroys the political party that gave them so much power and influence.

So grim are the polls for the Howard government right now that if they went to an election tomorrow, the prime minister and most of his cabinet would be swept away, spelling the end of the control of the Australian government by conservatives and neocons for a decade or more.

Pundits are predicting there remains only 80 days until the next federal election. The 'coup' plotters in Murdoch's media empire in Australia still believe there is time to change leaders and salvage what they can from the wreckage of the looming election.

Thats quite interesting, these Neo-Cons seem increasing desperate to hold on to power, as the polls are all going against Howard, even whilst basking in the APEC limelight and signing (pimping) Australian Natural Resources to the world.

And this just this morning from the Herald Sun,
www.news.com.au...

"Is the Party Over?"

Gerard McManus, John Ferguson and Steve Lewis

September 08, 2007 12:00am

JOHN Howard's dream of an APEC party on the way to the polls was souring last night as his leadership came under new pressure from anxious MPs.
Government unity appeared to be disintegrating as a prominent backbencher compared it with the Titanic, and senior Liberals warned of a "potentially explosive mix" as Parliament resumed on Monday.

"The Government is turning on itself," one warned last night.

An embarrassed PM yesterday abruptly ended a press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin as he was asked whether he could quit before the election.

And Labor leader Kevin Rudd accused Mr Howard of treating voters with "absolute contempt" by refusing to say whether he would serve a full term if re-elected.
Mr Rudd said it was a "basic democratic right for people to know" who they were electing.

"Is it Mr Howard, or is it Mr Howard rapidly followed by someone else. And if so, who?"

Any APEC euphoria for the Coalition was also dampened by an invitation from Chinese President Hu Jiantao to Mr Rudd and his family to be his guests at the Olympics.

Even some of the PM's closest supporters admit to being troubled. But they say his future is in his own hands.

"There is no push. Costello is not pushing," one said.

"Were anything to happen, it would only be of his own volition," another said.

"There is a bit of soul-searching going on but Howard is the master of his destiny," a senior figure said.

So has the Murdoch coup against Howard already begun from this morning with this Herald Sun article? How much power and influence has Murdoch really got to force this sort of a change?

Personally , I'd love to see the Liberal Party absolutely implode on itself as Im sure the Republicans will receive the same treatment in the US at the next election.

So the big question is - Will Johnny Jump or will somebody push him?

I dont see Costello taking over, and there are some hardcore Neo-CON wannabees that could take his place thou I dont see them winning the next election short of a miracle.

When APEC is all done and dusted who will be on top?

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
nice post mate - really interesting.

Nice bit of background to have and then watch the Murdoch news outlets over the next 2 months and see what they run.

I do think that if Murdoch made his mind up to push this coup then it would happen. But who will put their hand up to be the public face?

And just what will the Liberal party do to reverse the current ladslide loss which is coming their way? i mean i dont know one perosn in Australian politics who could take over from Howard pre-election and turn these terrible results around.

I think its kind of redundant in a way coz i think most Aussies are kind of sold on Kevin Rudd and he'll have to MASSIVELY stuff up to miss out.

Could the Murodhc camp help in htis regard also?

KTK

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Malcolm Turnbull will be next in line, he fits the bill to a tee.

Both he and Abbott are Rhodes scholars. I dont think they would take a risk on Abbott as only opus dei members would vote for him. It really annoys me when he enforces his religious ideals on the public. I wouldnt mind it if he was an actual good catholic but people tend to forget that much of his behaviour in the past is hypocritical with his views he enforces on us. The fact that he had an affair with Costellos wife never gets a mention.

Turnbull on the other hand is clean with no dirt. He has major affiliations with Macquarie bank almost ensures the Murdoch machines support.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I agree KTK, Malcolm Turnbull will be the next Liberal Leader and I beleive Costello will quit.

Now, whether the Liberal Party Neo-Cons, throw Johhny out after APEC or not will be interesting to see.

Even Rudd said on the news today that they should leave the leadership issues out of the APEC event until its all over.

Maybe even Rudd has been told something, and is keeping quiet.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Rudd and Bush had their meeting....interesting.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
i think this is part payback for democrats controlling so long, and part conspiracy to make the world a nazi heaven for fascist ignorant bible spewing hicks who have no souls but claim a deity.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

i think this is part payback for democrats controlling so long, and part conspiracy to make the world a nazi heaven for fascist ignorant bible spewing hicks who have no souls but claim a deity.

I know we are supposed to accept all beliefs but...are you sure we have to? There is alot of venom, but no snake.

Right, News outlets, no matter what they follow, always go for the most explosive story. "Human interest" isnt what humans are interested in. Many people say Howard wont make it through the next election, im still unsure. Howard has been a very good step forward for Australia, and he has really brought us into the International world.

People are liable to drop him on his head, simply because of the Iraq debacle (something which, i must add, had to be done and kept to keep relations with America going well.)

I would like people to remember that in the years of Howards reign, Australias economy has grown stronger and stronger.

I think that the tabloids have blown this out of proportion and fail to see, or choose not to see, the real picture.

John Howard has heard that people think he wont make the next election. This is an advantage which he may be using. The way rumours go mean that no matter what he does, his election status is a forgone conclusion, meaning that he can do whatever he wants (which is in his power to do) in the remaining time.

I, for one, will still vote for him. Kevin Rudd (although i was almost sold on him when he went to that strip club...hehe) just doesnt seem to have the ability to get the job done, labour candidates regularily want to cater directly for the people and do so, but the repurcussions are never seen till too late.

The Prime minister who gave Australians Medicare and HECS also almost destroyed our economy, bankrupt out country and started a war with Britain.

Now, put a labour Prime Minister in charge and what do you think will happen?

Firstly, he will pull Australian troops out of the Iraq war. This is a good thing in terms of protecting Australian lives, but a bad thing politically, America may decide to pull out of helping us the next time we are in trouble.

Also, with Americas growing colonial actions (*ahem* i mean, peacekeeping actions in turmoiled countries) i think that pulling out now would make Australia an enemy (not direct, though) of America. George Bush seems to see the world in black and white.

I'd rather not see a Labor PM until this bull# in the middle east calms down, hopefully the next election. After that though, we would need to consider our allies.

hope ive been a good read.

KTK

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I wouldnt be concerned with Ruddy pulling out the troops affecting our relationship with the US. I would be more concerned with his relationship with China annoying them(though i couldnt help but be in awe when he spoke the lingo)

Infact i think the whole Rudd/Chinese thing is whats giving the neo cons a scare. If the strip club incident is all they can get him for then they are screwed.

I normally stay well away from Murdoch media but at the moment its a bit like an accident scene. You know its morally wrong and disturbing to look at but you just cant help it.

But at the end of the day who do you pick the turd sandwich or the douchebag. They all have the same global puppet master, when you realise this fact your an official conspiracy master.

When Turnbull takes over just before the election is called ill bump this thread with a big fat told yas.

P.S I pick the turd sandwich each time

KTK

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I was just on another thread re NWO ETC and saw this google ad to the right hand side.

www.kevin07.com.au...

Ruddy on ATS

Makes you wonder which is indeed the turdsandwich and the douchebag

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
Malcolm Turnbull will be next in line, he fits the bill to a tee.

Both he and Abbott are Rhodes scholars. I dont think they would take a risk on Abbott as only opus dei members would vote for him. It really annoys me when he enforces his religious ideals on the public. I wouldnt mind it if he was an actual good catholic but people tend to forget that much of his behaviour in the past is hypocritical with his views he enforces on us. The fact that he had an affair with Costellos wife never gets a mention.

Turnbull on the other hand is clean with no dirt. He has major affiliations with Macquarie bank almost ensures the Murdoch machines support.

I think you'd be dead right there mate. I'll be happy as long as that prick Downer doesn't get it...

I wonder what Rupert's problem is with Little Johnny? Not Nazi enough perhaps.

Well we can all look forward to the time when we look back at Mr Howard and recall how liberal and understanding his Prime-Ministership was.

If you ask me we don't have a choice at the next election, six of one and half a dozen of the other between Labour and Liberal come voting time. There's a new party in Australian Politics, the 'Labourals', the only difference is geography (They sit on different sides of parliament)...

Anyhow, I will try to think of something extral insulting to put on my ballot paper this year (If I can be bothered going at all).

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I wouldnt be concerned with Ruddy pulling out the troops affecting our relationship with the US. I would be more concerned with his relationship with China annoying them(though i couldnt help but be in awe when he spoke the lingo)

You wouldnt be concerned of that?!

Wow.

As much as i hate to admit it we are:

Firstly, helping to repay the debt of the Pacific war, If the Japanese reached us unopposed they probably would have tried for a nice big push.

secondly, aiding the US for any future engagements which involves us.

They all have the same global puppet master, when you realise this fact your an official conspiracy master.

Really?

I thought it just made a person a lazy researcher.

This kind of thinking is not very bright, cant you realise that the world isnt all doom and gloom?

When Turnbull takes over just before the election is called ill bump this thread with a big fat told yas.

Go nuts

Well we can all look forward to the time when we look back at Mr Howard and recall how liberal and understanding his Prime-Ministership was.

Which is quite true, he is doing what he believes is best for us. Alot of it have been good moves, even if not liked by the people yet.

[quote

If you ask me we don't have a choice at the next election, six of one and half a dozen of the other between Labour and Liberal come voting time. There's a new party in Australian Politics, the 'Labourals', the only difference is geography (They sit on different sides of parliament)...

Although i disagree i have to admit...this is pretty funny :p

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yes I have noticed ur 'glorious' leader isnt quite as popular in the press as he usually is.

That said, Bush himself said it ' I wouldn't count John Howard out just yet '

Proverbial bunny about to be plled, he isnt in a rush to call it is he???

Now that said, Rudd will not pull out of Iraq. Don't know if you noticed his reactions changed after his meeting with Bush...

Not that it really matters anyway, all he has to do is promise another tax break/pension rise for the oldies and he is as good as in, they outnumber the rest of us, pure n simple.

But I dont trust Johnny or Rudd. There both shifty prats

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Johnny has said he is staying and will follow the shinking sip down as the captain. He has a responsibility to see the downfall of his current administration I beleive as leader. He did his time and now its time for change.

Rudd will win, and he will pull troops out of Iraq but the thing to watch is where will he send them next?

Yeah, probably some to Afghanistan but I think there'll be another one, yet unopened front in this so called "War on Terror", and Im not refering to Iran.

KTK

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yes MM

If we are that concerned with Islamic terrorism we should be in South East Asia. I doubt thats what your refering to but we have opened a can of worms there we all conveniently forget about thats about to bite us on the arse.

The phillipines and Indonesia are hotbeds at the moment, unfortunatley there is no oil there and they already have Mc Donalds.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
Yes MM

If we are that concerned with Islamic terrorism we should be in South East Asia. I doubt thats what your refering to but we have opened a can of worms there we all conveniently forget about thats about to bite us on the arse.

The phillipines and Indonesia are hotbeds at the moment, unfortunatley there is no oil there and they already have Mc Donalds.

I agree with the Indonesia reference KTK, and from what Ive read in the recent past, it won't take much for the Phillipines to blow up into a civil war of Islamic fundamentalist groups against the Christians there, and having US forces there will just be seen as adding fuel to the fire and more reason intheir eyes to respond.

Indonesia, thankfully for us couldnt organise a root in one of their cheap run down brothels! But the day will come when they can and then thats when we should start thinking about wetting ourselves.

They do pose a threat if radical islamists do ever take control of that country, thou they will never have the ability or resourcves to ever launch an attack upon us here of any sort of magnitude. They may throw us and our embassy out of the country and maybe launch attacks against darmwin, but thats about it.

Never-the-less, we shouldn't get rid of them out of our sights. As the saying goes, keep your friends close and your enemy's closer, which is what I think the Aussie Government, no matter who's in power is always trying to do with them.

Keep the comments coming guys, I enjoy the differing views on the australian political landscape here on ATS

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Rudd will win, and he will pull troops out of Iraq but the thing to watch is where will he send them next?

I think he'll make token 'withdrawal schedules and eventually sell out.

top topics

join