It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timing of Movies on TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Last night I was watching Cinemax fairly late at night (not skinamax) and noticed that they were showing the movie Arlingtion Road. I have seen the movie before, but I found it odd that they are showing this film right before the anniversary of 9-11. Much of the movie is centered around domestic terrorism. I just found it strange that they would be showing this this week. I just find it to be a little ironic that they chose to start showing this during this month. It may just be coincidence, I'm not sure.
It's just a strange thing especially with the massive war protests and the big 9-11 Truth events in NYC next week. It might just be that they want to remind everyone, that if you show dissent in this country you are evil and probably a terrorist. Talk about "being with us, or against us"

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The timing of such films/ programmes probably don't anything to do with world events most of the time, although there was a Pavorotti tribute on BBC last night which was old footage so saved the corporation some money. I don't think programme schedulers are that bright.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I get that feeling too!

I have noticed that with BBC tv series such as Dr Who and Spooks (there are others) which include alot of BBC mock bbc tv news broadcasts. Is this something new or have I just not noticed it before? Could this be desensitising us and getting us used to "seeing" news reports on alien invasions etc from fictional dramas in a realistic way. Making us ready for some future event that has been planned so that we expect it and dont react?

There is definately something going on with the media - I just can't put my finger on it. There are clearly trends with dramas mirroring world events (Spooks had alot on terrorism) and this may be shaping our perception of these and public opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I also have noticed that the movies and programing in general, attempt to sway via subtle propaganda the prevailing political flavor of the month.

I just love it when the right wing rails against the "liberal media" when they know damn well the PTB own, program, and control the media. It's such a transparent dog and pony show, is's laughable.

Thank the Good Lord for the www.!!

new topics

top topics

join