It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone ever had or can explain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I’ve had some weird reams in my lifetime; some come true some do not. Usually the ones I want to come true don’t unfortunately. But here’s my question/statement.

In the past I’ve had dreams where I die. The most common aspect of it is I’m falling off a building or a building is destroyed and I fall out of it. Now I know this could be attributed to 9/11 and such but they started happening before that. The thing is I always die in the dream. I don’t wake up before I hit the ground, in the dreams I hit the ground and bounce and there’s always an EMT or Police Officer there that checks if I’m alive or dead. Usually I wake up before they check and sometimes after.

Now recently I’m having a dream that I drown. I’m never swimming or anything like that and its always a lake or river I drown in sometimes I jump off a bridge into the water and drown sometimes I’m falling thru the air inside a car and the car hits the water and fills up and I drown. But I always drown and then I wake up cough, use the bathroom and go back to sleep.

Anyone know what these dreams mean?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
What is your personal reaction to the dream? Do you get scared when you are about to die in the dream? Or are you bravely facing death, this big event?

It may sound silly but maybe you are not as naive about death as I am. In my dreams stuff generally doesn't kill me. I've dreamed I was shot in the head at point blank and the bullets did nothing. One time I dreamed I was shot in the chest and that killed me though.

The first time I went lucid was a dream I thought I'd drown underwater, but when I gave in and took a breath, I realized I could breath underwater.

It's interesting that you are drowning in a dream, because I couldn't drown in a dream if I tried. I can always breathe, even if I was in an air tight container in the dream I can breathe.

If I had to guess I'd say that you have been facing your fear of death lately, maybe thinking and pondering a bit on death in general while awake. The dream means that death is on your mind.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Honestly I have never been afraid of death in life. I joke around with everyone that death is just a transitional period I will go through. I have looked many events in my life that I could have died but didn’t. So I move on. Death is not a fear I have but maybe dying unnaturally might be?

I have noticed that in my falling dreams I usually don’t freak out and accept the results of it, but in my drowning dreams I try to fight back and escape. I do recall an incident about a month ago where in the dream I was drowning in a lake, I was not in a car this time and I was being pulled under by something, just being dragged all the way to the bottom. I could feel something wrapped around my leg and pulling me deeper. My dream did the classic movie drown effect where I got an overhead shot of myself looking up with a black abyss all around me as I went deeper until I disappeared. I never reached the bottom but I did drown and I woke up gasping for breath and coughing.

Is there any significance as to the meaning of drowning in a dream or dying?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm sure there is significance but I don't know what it is. Actually I think it could be different for different types of people. I don't really believe in one size fits all dream translations, I think you have to take the subjective mind into much more consideration.

I'm sure somebody around here knows what it's supposed to mean though.

top topics

join