It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APEC gets into gear with Bush's arrival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

APEC gets into gear with Bush's arrival

au.news.yahoo.com

The eyes of the world will be on Sydney after the arrival of US President George W Bush and China's President Hu Jintao for APEC.

Prime Minister John Howard and members of the national security committee will meet with Mr Bush before the two leaders, who share a strong friendship, hold a joint news conference.

The pair will later attend a lunch with Australian Defence Force personnel before meeting up again later for dinner with Governor General Michael Jeffery.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 4-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow, Aussie PM Howard would rather attend a Rugby Awards night than greet President Bush on the tarmac! Preferring to sending his deputy Prime Minister instead.

This is a pure electioneering manoeuvre. For those non-Australians here, this year is a general election year. This stunt is most likely intended to show that Howard is no Bush-poodle.

Greeted by the Deputy Prime Minister...ouch!

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/9/07 by subz]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by subz

I would rather watch the ballet than meet GWB on the tarmac. And believe me, I'm not the ballet type. I'm thinking it's more than the U.S. that's had it's fill of Bush, and the whole world is about ready for him to go.

join