It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Governor Encourages Citizens to Get Ready for Emergencies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

North Carolina Governor Encourages Citizens to Get Ready for Emergencies

www.governor.state.nc.us

GOV. EASLEY PROCLAIMS SEPTEMBER “READY NORTH CAROLINA” MONTH
Encourages Citizens to Get Ready for Emergencies

Raleigh - Gov. Mike Easley has proclaimed September as “Ready North Carolina” Month to encourage citizens, businesses and schools to take steps to prepare themselves for natural disasters and other emergencies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I was watching the news tonight when this was reported. By reading the source I was able to find, it really seems harmless and standard, what is really interesting is what I can not prove yet and maybe someone can help me with this.

The document makes emphasis on Natural Disasters and Severe Weather, the NEWS story was different which is what made me start looking for this story.

This was reported on ABC news channel 13 (Local News) on the 5pm broadcast. The reporters placed the emphasis not on natural disaster, but on OTHER EMERGENCIES. BY watching this story it sounded more like a terror warning which is why I started looking into. The ABC news 13 web site has no mention of this story but I will keep looking so you can all see the difference in the document vs the way it is being reported.

Is it a possible warning? or Is it really as harmless as it seems and the mainstream media is just fear mongering? Clearly one of the 2 is what the situation is or else the story would not be reported in the way that it was.

www.governor.state.nc.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I live in NC and this news is most directed towards the threat of tropical cyclone development in the coming weeks and months. Nothing here folks. Anyone looking to scaremonger etc needs to move on. There's enough scaremongering going on in the news and it doesnt need to be perpetuated on here.

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
[edit on 4/9/07 by Unisol]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Please stop and READ my whole post.

No one here is trying to do any scare mongering. I live in SC and I was watching this newscast. Like I said in my Original Post, this is not the way the newscast reported the story. They presented it in a fashion that placed emphasis on "Other Emergencies" not on Natural Disasters or Severe Weather.

So is there more to the story or is it fear mongering by the main stream media? That is what my post is asking. We have all seen how the mainstream media uses scare tactics, but I have never seen a story so blatantly misreported before and used in this fashion.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't get it when the governer issues a warning for the citizens to be ready for a disaster and some people brush it off.

Eh its nothing. Um excuse me you better heed his warning and get prepared.

I would like to hear more on this. S8C

top topics

join