It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Military Hacked into Pentagon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

You have a point, it sounded like he had just read it somewhere, I just assumed it was so.

Bush just met with China's leader, and speculation is stirring about whether they discussed the "hack" or not. probably not is my guess.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Whatever. It's not uncommon for the US to do the same to networks in other countries themselves. What gives the US the right to do it, and the Chinese not to?

UMMM MAYBE BECAUSE WE CREATED THE INTERNET EVER THINK OF THAT BUDDY?

[quote
Cyber warfare will continue to happen, and it's certainly no cause for war.
YEAH UNLESS YOUR GEORGE BUSH

Anyone who is dumb enough to place classified documents on an internet linked machine deserves to have them stolen.

That is true to a point, but you would think the PENTAGON the worlds greatest security network would have an encrypted database? I just don't get it
. All my files are encrypted and I'm 2,000 levels BELOW top secret!

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What Are The Facts As I understood the news article, the hack occured on an unclassified DoD system. This being the case it is safe to assume that this is just another way to get people upset about something that really has no effect on our National Security. I would also assume that information on an unclassified system is information that is subject to the FOIA. If that is the case then the information that could've been gathered is obviously not that important. I would hope that with all the brass running around with college degrees that they would have the sence not to connect classified information to the world wide web. But i could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
That is true to a point, but you would think the PENTAGON the worlds greatest security network would have an encrypted database?

Of course they are encrypted but when a highly capable state sponsored organization spends months probing your defenses those encryptions are bound to give at some point... Especially since these were "sensitive" open source files and not classified information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join