It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Has 3-Day Plan to Knock Out Iran's Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wow, that is a pretty ambitious statement and I see no reason why I should believe them when they say this.
Iraq and their Republican Guard was probably much weaker, the second time around, than Iran's Revolutionary Guard.

Source story

THE Pentagon has drawn up plans for massive airstrikes against 1,200 targets in Iran, designed to annihilate the Iranians’ military capability in three days, according to a national security expert.

Alexis Debat, director of terrorism and national security at the Nixon Center, said last week that US military planners were not preparing for “pinprick strikes” against Iran’s nuclear facilities. “They’re about taking out the entire Iranian military,” he said.

Debat was speaking at a meeting organised by The National Interest, a conservative foreign policy journal. He told The Sunday Times that the US military had concluded: “Whether you go for pinprick strikes or all-out military action, the reaction from the Iranians will be the same.” It was, he added, a “very legitimate strategic calculus”.

President George Bush intensified the rhetoric against Iran last week, accusing Tehran of putting the Middle East “under the shadow of a nuclear holocaust”. He warned that the US and its allies would confront Iran “before it is too late”.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Good article Kronos, yeah this is starting to get a bit scary now.

And here's a question for all the Fox news haters out there... Why isn't this the top story on the Fox homepage since people claim they're just a war-promoting propaganda B.S. news source?

Fox's top headline right now is about North Korea agreeing to shut down it's nuclear program, Iran is only mentioned as an afterthought in that they now have 3,000 Centrifuges to Enrich Uranium. Exactly the same as CNN...

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fweshcawfee

The thing that really gets me is the fact that Bush IS going to order an attack on Iran even if the entire country is opposed to it, hes still going to do it. Most of the other sources I was seeing were kind of questionable but now it seems to have made the mainstream, that pretty much seals it for me.
Gonna be a hell of a war to, I just hope it doesnt drag on for the next 5-10 years and then reinstate the draft.
Im not worried about the draft for me but I worry about them calling my son up when hes of age, hes only 13 right now.

Heres another article but this one is from rense, take it for what its worth.

Source

I have a friend who is an LSO on a carrier attack group that is planning and staging a strike group deployment into the Gulf of Hormuz. (LSO: Landing Signal Officer- she directs carrier aircraft while landing) She told me we are going to attack Iran. She said that all the Air Operation Planning and Asset Tasking are finished. That means that all the targets have been chosen, prioritized, and tasked to specific aircraft, bases, carriers, missile cruisers and so forth.

I asked her why she is telling me this.

Her answer was really amazing...

She started in the Marines and after 8 years her term was up. She had served on a smaller Marine carrier, and found out through a friend knew there was an opening for a junior grade LSO in a training position on a supercarrier. She used the reference and the information and applied for a transfer to the United States Navy. Since she had experience landing F-18Cs and Cobra Gunships, and an unblemished combat record, she was ratcheted into the job, successfully changing from the Marines to the Navy. Her role is still aligned with the Marines since she generally is assigned to liason with the Marine units deploying off her carrier group.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

She started in the Marines and after 8 years her term was up. She had served on a smaller Marine carrier, and found out through a friend knew there was an opening for a junior grade LSO in a training position on a supercarrier. She used the reference and the information and applied for a transfer to the United States Navy. Since she had experience landing F-18Cs and Cobra Gunships, and an unblemished combat record, she was ratcheted into the job, successfully changing from the Marines to the Navy. Her role is still aligned with the Marines since she generally is assigned to liason with the Marine units deploying off her carrier group.

I cry B.S. on at least two points here. First, the USMC doesn't have carriers...in fact, they don't have ships. They rely on the US Navy for transport, primarily in very specialized vessels known as "Amphibious Assault Ships". While a layman might mistake an LHA / LHD for a carrier, it's not a mistake a crewman would make more than once. Second, the LHAs (Tarawa Class) and LHDs (Wasp Class) aren't equipped to operate F-18's of any mark. The closest thing they have is the AV-8 Harrier, which is hard to mistake for an F-18 under any circumstance...if you're drunk enough to mistake one for the other, you're too drunk to actually see anything.

In short, the primary source for this story seems highly suspect, at least to me. That said, I'm fairly certain that there are, indeed, fairly detailed plans drawn up for a strike against Iran. That doesn't mean that those plans will be implemented soon (or at all), it simply means that the contingency has been studied. There are a LOT of those 'contingency plans' drawn up, and almost none of them have been used (the Rainbow plans make for interesting and amusing reading).

top topics

join