It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden is the most NON religious country in the world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
There free way of thinking and good education system is partly responsible, but mostly its their proportional democracy with many more seats going to women, with many new parties being formed, with much public imput at every level, and SUBSTANTIVE equality. Well cared for people, with many choices, and options, have lower rates of crime and murder.

This is truly a good thing. Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland are amongst the most enlightened countries in the world and shine their lights continually.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
Religion breeds conformity, where less organized belief systems breed individuality, which in turn encourages creativity, curiosity, critical thinking.

...There are also other things that breed conformity than just Religion, speaking with regards to creativity, curiosity, and critical thinking.

Being acceptable in society is one(individuality and uniqueness is a joke nowadays), media and entertainment, money, power, and fame, also breeds conformity and try to destroy individuality. I'm actually a Christian, an innovator, a scientific researcher, and an engineer all at the same time!

You can tell me that you've found a way to break the Law of Conservation of energy and I'll celebrate with you about it. Tell it to some deeply atheist scientists and you'll never see their face again.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by ahnggk]

<< 1   >>

join