It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SuperPower

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Ok.....this is a carry over from another thread on Chinese Aircraft Carriers, but we got into a bit of a discussion on and of this game....

In such.....how many have played it or are playing it?
How do you rate it?
What version do you play?
Advice?
Like it or not?
Etc.

Let the discussion begin.....hehe

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
YAAAYYY!!!!

Of course i play it, and being a true nerdling i downloaded it from the net

I play the latest versions and normally side with America/Japan or the european nations, playing as Israel can be fun too.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
*waits for response to my statement in other thread*

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Nerdling, is this something I want to download? I like one player games with a difficult computer opponent.

Dial up makes real players hard.

Also congrats on the mod, Seekerof!

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
KKing123,
"I heard that the game was horrible because you couldn't influence other events, everything was fixed outside your nation, no matter what you did there was always a major uprising in Mexico (or whatever i dont remember specifics)"

Since I have been playing this game, and am playing with the lastest patch, I have not run into what you are describing, in regards to Mexico.
You are correct, in the larger sense though, that it seems that most things are 'fixed'. Then again, some to many things you do directly relating to another country, can affect them. The degree varies.

I used to have and play a game that was far better than this called Shadow President. That was a true world game and not as constrained as SuperPower.
I am currently in the process of finding another copy of Shadow President, since I ended up giving my first copy/game away, many years ago,

I play SuperPower to pass time, not as a foreign policy tuner or a true 'real world' game....just crap and giggles really.

*edit* for spelling

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
www.dreamcatchergames.com...

Looks like a good one to look out for.

posted on Jan, 19 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I Just made up a random event as an example to what i've heard, but thanx for the info, maybe i'll check it out, but only if i can download it for free, doesn't sound like a game i should waste money on

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I play Superpower too.

I think is a very nice game.

But play for either Russia or US it is just to easy.

I am currently playing for Ukraine with build 6 installed to impossible level.

It if fun cause other caountries fight each other.

Also its fun tp play for Ukraine because it has only 200 billion GNP.

So to win you really need to watch where you are spending your money.

Also I cant what for Superpower 2 to come out in later 2004.

It is said to be MUCH better then Superpower and also it will have multi player.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This game is pretty fun. Gets a little boring at times but it is getting better for me

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm more of a Medival Warfare person.

If you are interested they are making a new Total War game, Rome: Total War.

www.totalwar.com

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have played both Shogun and Medieval Total War, liked both.
Haven't gotten around to getting the one you are mentioning, but how does it match up with the first two? I'm sure its pretty fascinating and fun.
Any mods out on it yet?

seekerof

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I just bought it at a Best Buy for 10 bucks and Im not sure if I have the latest version.

I almost bought it months ago because it looked very interesting.

Sure the box is misleading and things do seem kinda fixed but if you play a scenario or as a country like Israel it is pretty entertaining.

I just wish I was attack more often so I had a reason to go on the offensive.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Superpower good? Are you guys kidding? I bought SuperPower not too long ago, and I thought it was awful. It's simplistic, unrealistic, and a bunch of other -istic words. I could rant about the shortcomings of this game, but this review pretty much sums up my problems with it.
www.gamespot.com...

I was really dissapointed because I read the preview for SuperPower 2 and figured the first must be good.

If you want a really good nation-building game try one of the Paradox company games. Something like Europa Universalis 2, Hearts of Iron, or Victoria. Especially Victoria. I swear I've never played a game as much as I've played Vic. This is coming from someone who's been a diehard gamer since 3 years old.

Trust me, Victora is really in-depth and complex. Makes the Civ games look like they were made by a retarded monkey (no offense Sid). There's something very satisfying about creating alternate history. Playing as Japan and joining with the US to attack the Confederacy during the civil war or uniting all of Africa with the Zulus and invading Europe for example...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I own it. It's okay. And for $10 you can't go wrong!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Superpower good? Are you guys kidding? I bought SuperPower not too long ago, and I thought it was awful. It's simplistic, unrealistic, and a bunch of other -istic words. I could rant about the shortcomings of this game, but this review pretty much sums up my problems with it.
www.gamespot.com...

I was really dissapointed because I read the preview for SuperPower 2 and figured the first must be good.

If you want a really good nation-building game try one of the Paradox company games. Something like Europa Universalis 2, Hearts of Iron, or Victoria. Especially Victoria. I swear I've never played a game as much as I've played Vic. This is coming from someone who's been a diehard gamer since 3 years old.

Trust me, Victora is really in-depth and complex. Makes the Civ games look like they were made by a retarded monkey (no offense Sid). There's something very satisfying about creating alternate history. Playing as Japan and joining with the US to attack the Confederacy during the civil war or uniting all of Africa with the Zulus and invading Europe for example...

Hilarious. Personally, nothing like that has happened to me (in reference to the alliance system) except when I invaded Iceland as the U.S. and lost all of New England to Canada and Europe. China, however, can get away with anything.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'll check it out, for 10 bucks I know its not going to be revolutianry but it sounds fun.

Any on-line play?

D

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Damnit, you all got me interested in thie game. Went to have a look at it on an Australian store and it's $40AUD (thats around $28 USD). Bloody expensive. Might as well buy it from the official site. Be a lot cheaper.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by D
Damnit, you all got me interested in thie game. Went to have a look at it on an Australian store and it's $40AUD (thats around $28 USD). Bloody expensive. Might as well buy it from the official site. Be a lot cheaper.

If it's that expensive, then your money would be better spent on the EE Gold Edition. Superpower isn't good enough to spend $28 on.

Q&A
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Who was the first liberal Democrat?
A: Christopher Columbus. He left not knowing where he was going, got there not knowing where he was, left not knowing where he'd been, and did it all on borrowed money.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
HAhah i bought the game for $40 when it first came out. I love this game and all my friends are addicted to it to. Yea it has some bugs but the best game comaared to anythign else like it. I cant wait for number 2. This has one major downfall that number 2 will enhance and thats teh online multiplayer.

LOVE TEH GAME SUGGEST U BUY IT. CANT WAIT TO PLAY YA WHEN SP2 COMES OUT

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Its a pretty fun game. Lots to do. I went as the UK and rigged the US elections. From there I conquered and rigged more elections. I got lucky because China temporarily switched to democracy, then I rigged their elections. From there I took over Russia, then I got bored so I took all my nukes and blasted a whole bunch of cities. I find that the AI is actually quite challenging at times. If there was multiplay it would take a long time due to the turn based system, plus everybody would fight over who gets to be the US, Russia, and China. I have to admit, the game is pretty easy as those three nations.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join