It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of Warcraft - Major LAG! =/

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Iv been playing World of Warcraft for 3 weeks now and for the past 2/3 days i haven't been able to play because of major lag
I'v been told by Blizzard that i need a new graphics card
(if you can help with graphic cards i would love if you could leave a reply on to try help me with my problem)
LINK:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Anyways, i was just wondering if people could tell me what causes major lag like this, iv never had lag like this in the 3 weeks of playing, my computer isn't exactly new but its not really old
I just got the RAM increased to 2GB and thats sped up the computer a hell of a lot but i still can't figure out what causing the lag, so if anyone could tell me what causes lag and how i could try reduce lag i would greatly apprichiate it

Many Thanks =)

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
hmm what kind of graphics card do you have?

if it's fairly new you should be able to switch Vsync Off. this makes games run smoother.. not sure why or how just know it works

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
STop using bittorrent while you're playing

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The Graphics Card i have atm is SiS 661FX/GX Mirage Graphics,
I only got the computer about 3ish years ago, so do you think it will be ok?
Also how do i switch Vsync off?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i'm not completely sure, i had a friend do it for me.. i know the place you do it at is located in your video card properties somewhere though

a quick google search about turnin' off v sync should help

good luck

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well iv just uninstalled the game and im gunna reinstall it because a friend said sometimes if you download the patches again it works better, and ill search for that on google now =) thanks

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxXzombieXcoreXxX
SiS

theres ya problem right there SiS are garbage go buy a cheap nvidia card i went and got a GeForce6200 and with my pathetic celeron 2.67 ghz and 2 gigs of ram i run wow at 50 fps pretty reliably

Edit: fixed quote

[edit on 29-8-2007 by ivzm]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Either that or lower your fps a lot.

yeah that SiS wouldn't cut it.

So many kinds of lag these days ,, artificial lag (to cheat) video lag connection lag, spyware can cause a substantial amount of lag also.

you virus scanner running in the backround will also.

top topics

join