It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Drought Worst I've Ever Seen!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The drought has hung on for more than two months now here in tennessee and the rainfall deficits are mounting higher and higher, grass has been dead all summer long and even some trees are dying, I have relatives in Atlanta Ga. and the same thing there, no rain has been the story. In some parts of the south deficits are nearing the 20 inch mark I watched on the weather channel, 15 inch deficits are the norm. when will the weather patterns change?? and what will the winter be like since the summer was so crazy all over the country??

Drought conditions are seriously impacting farming and public water supplies across more than 25 states, causing economic impacts in the hundreds of millions of dollars, according to officials across the nation.

I realize that the drought is bigger than just the southern part of the nation, how are the conditions where you live??

Ponds in my area are drying up and the ones that aren't, are being drained by desparate farmers trying to save their crops by irrigation, there is very little hay for the livestock to make it through the winter due to the lack of feild harvest. Horses are being given away because there is such a lack of hay that some people cant keep their horses. the price of hay has doubled from last year. does anyone see an end to this drought in the near future??

www.disasternews.net...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Looking at GFS rainfall charts, looks like some areas ought to see a bit of rain this week

www.wetterzentrale.de...

But I don't know whether that's going to be summer storms or more general frontal rain - my guess would be the former?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
same here in the roanoke valley....the plants in my yard just burning up.

but it's my understanding the valley has been in a drought condition for a few years..so I don't know if this kind of drought is normal or if this is more extreme...just know all my lovelies outside aren't looking too good.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
we got our first rain yesterday what a relief that was... but it was so little that nothing has changed, everything is still dead

top topics

join