It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fowl Play? Did Pigeon leftovers contribute to the Minnisota Bridge collapse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Foul Play? Did Pigeon leftovers contribute to the Minnisota Bridge collapse?

www.msnbc.msn.com

Of all the possible causes of the deadly collapse of Minnesota's Interstate 35W bridge earlier this month—uneven traffic patterns, de-icing salts, faulty construction—the latest is the most surprising: Pigeons. Or more precisely, the waste the birds leave behind. "Pigeon dung can be a serious issue—it's acidic and will easily eat away almost any metal," explains engineer William Schutt, president of Matcor, a corrosion-protection firm in Doylestown, Pa.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

www.iht.com

Mod Edit: Changed Double entandre in title to reflect birds

[edit on 8/25/07 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I guess my personal anger with this story is whose job was it to keep the metal clean of the acidic waste from birds. I mean everyone who has cars knows that bird crap is a paint jobs worst enemy. If bird stuff will eat through a cars paint job and pit the metal if left on there long enough then tons of the stuff laying on the metal fixtures and bolts and support plates for the bridge then I think yes this could have played into the collapse. And if I were the families involved I would want to know who is in charge of cleaning the stuff off the bridge supports. Also I would want to know who signed off on the inspection. What do you think about this?

Thx

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think they meant fowl play. No pun intended.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
All the more reason to go on a world wide rampage to rid those winged rats from our cities!

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
lol

Man our infrastructure is going to hell in a hand basket right? Where will the next bridge fall or dam collapse? Isnt that upkeep each states responsibility?

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Existing news discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing discussion.

Thread closed.

top topics

join