It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAST and FAR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well it's bug-out time and while it hasnt been easy you are entering your #1 shelter area. As you come around the corner of the mountain, you see sign that other's have arrived before you(Chit...Cleatis and his lazy eyed cousin's beat me to the spring)..... Was thinking today on this, There is not a place in this country that other's dont know about... Yeah in the deepest darkest swamp of Mississippi it might not be to crowded, but there will at least 1 other person that knows or has been there. Hunter's, fishermen, nature hiker's get into the most off beaten places, and if their thinking is right, they have thought " What a great place to run to when..." So your option's now are join up with the group/singleton all ready there, head for the fringe area's(knowing there are close neighbours), or heading to #2 area(again knowing there probably people there). I'm basing this thought on my own times in the woods/mountains, when I was in deep and there was sign of camps/trails in the most barren out of the way places... and the best was in AZ, Santa Rita Mountain's, 7 day mountain Lion hunt 30 miles from trail head over a ridge watching a saddle at end of small canyon, alone for 4 days havent seen a person or track...I hear bells????? Yeah that sure sounds like Bells??? A guide with clients and pack lliamas come up over the saddle and stop right at my bird wings!!!!( two bird wings tied together hanging down to catch any breeze will draw 90% of all Cats, 50% of all canines...and it seems 100% of lliamas) LOL... so anyway I guess the area's that are game/water poor might be a better place to have in mind for a #1 shelter area... What are your thought's on your area being " Un-Known by Man "...and what to do when Cleatis and his Cuz invite you dinner???......Another Glorious Day to Excel...

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No matter where you go you will find people. You have to make a choice, band together with them or try and go it alone.

I have no idea which i would try to be honest. I know i would want to wait a little bit while people cooled off a bit and stopped shooting anything they see.

Banding together would become a necessity but you obviously don't want to be carrying around any baggage, but in your scenario it seems you would be deep enough into the wilderness to escape the masses.

P.S im not having a go but can you break up your posts into paragraphs it just make its so much easier to understand. Again im not having a go, im no master of english myself but it would help.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
True a little paragraph now and again but what is this post about again?

Fast and far? - if your trying to get away from it all, dont forget your tinfoil hat and no electronics as they can trace you - you know them

Message over

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I suppose it would depend on what I walked/drove/rode/stumbled into. It could be a KKK meeting
or a vanload of Victorias Secret models
or a huge gray area in between.
In my case I have 3 options and in each case I own the property. That gives me no guarantees though and could even work against me. I guess I'd adapt and at least survive if not thrive or be too rigid and die.

When superior forces are already entrenched is not the time to dispute ownership. After that I guess I'd own what I could squat on and defend. OK,,,make that 4 choices.
That may not be all bad. It would give me the opportunity for last minute fine tuning about location after the fact. I can't say that I'm totally happy about any of my choices. They each have their respective plusses and minuses. They came available at the right price and I bought them. I'm sure I'd have chosen differently in each case if I'd been able to just go into the area and pick out what I wanted.

OTOH maybe the ones who beat me there can be a positive addition to my group. Flexibility. It's all about flexibility at that point.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by SemperParatus]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
These thoughts had already occurred to me. It is the reason that I am planning a loose knit confederation in a lightly populated area where the land is under ownership, with people already in place. I'll likely be one of the community caretakers soon enough.

Even if the "locals" didn't have enough power to evict the intruders when they first arrived, those of us that are pre-existing individuals in the group will soon arrive and strengthen them. So even if it's the Hell's Angels, we'll be able to hold what is ours, once the reinforcements arrive.

NOT that it is set in stone that all outsiders will be sent packing. Attitude and potential worth will play a major part in any decision, as well as normal humanitarian motives.

The lone mountain man only works in the movies anyway.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneshot1

Oneshot, I'm working on getting out before the wandering human swarm comes calling. Many survival and preparedness experts recommend that you actually not be too far from a community of at least 5-15K that has some sort of medical treatment facility. These communities usually offer 99% of what any person would need to survive. They are often surrounded by farms, orchards, and ranches and can sustain the local community indefinitely. I read somewhere that the area that I live in has had continuous human habitation of one form or the other since nearly 10,000 BC. Same actually goes for many places throughout the world. They know that the Aborigines aka Modern Humans arrived in Australia 40,000 years ago and it's one of the harshest and deadliest places to live on the planet.

It's better to be bugged out than to be bugging out. My goal is to be completely away from any major urban area by the end of 2012. Better to be safe than sorry.

top topics

join