It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Unrestricted Economic Warfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Since the late eighties, early nineties, more and more manufactured goods have come out of China to consumers in North America. And now, there have been numerous recalls of toys, pet food, etc. They have been recalled because of poisonous contaminants including lead in children's toys.
Keeping in mind the 1999 book Unrestricted Warfare, is it possible that China is deliberately poisoning our goods in order to wage unrestricted economic warfare?
The pet food was one thing. But lately it's been one product after another. Are they targeting our children?

[edit on 24-8-2007 by TheComte]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
very unlikely. What would targeting children benefit them? especially when the possible impact would be very limited by constraining factors such as the fact that the (purposfull) defects would have to be few so that no one would get suspicious, and that the Chinese government would have to arrange to have agents head the factories and somehow make sure that those companies get contracts with American companies in the field that they want.

However don't peg me as a hardline skeptic; I'm not. I think it entirely possible that the Chinese plan to intentionally harm the American economy by having so many jobs shipped overseas. The motivation for this could be that they want to harm the U.S., but more likely it's just self-interest. China is the fastest growing economy in the world and that is due to all the overseas business they are getting.

I think your theory would be much more convincing and likely if defects were discovered in supplies that were used for basic commodities (food, water, electricity, etc.) or supplies that filter into the military (it couldn't be very direct because the military only makes contracts wtih companies that produce they're products in America I think).

cheers
avingard

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
i think china would be shooting themselves in their own foot if they were deliberately trying to harm people with their products.

there's such a critical situation now with all that they have been called out on recently, that i know it causes a pinch somewhere hopefully.

i also think that all these instances really show their true colors...

but i don't think things are being done in a way to harm us citizens, just more greedy people trying to make a buck and not caring at all how it's done.

a client of mine in the bio-medical industry recently bought some small vials for blood serum transfer and there was a stiff stipulation that they have to withstand a certain amount of crush force. the samples they were shown were par for what they needed, but when the actual product came, they were really poor quality and the bio-med company could not use them. --- the general message i get is "what can we get away with without being caught".

join