It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran shells Kurds in Northern Iraq!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Iran shells Kurds in Northern Iraq!

www.guardian.co.uk

Scores of Kurds have fled their homes in the northern frontier region after four days of shelling by the Iranian army. Local officials said Turkey had also fired a number of shells into Iraqi territory.

Some displaced families have pitched tents in the valleys behind Qandil Mountain, which straddles Iraq's rugged borders with Turkey and Iran. They told the Guardian yesterday that at least six villages had been abandoned and one person had died following a sustained artillery barrage by Iranian forces that appeared designed to flush out guerrillas linked to the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), who have hideouts in Iraq.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow.I don't know what could come of this..Will the U.S use this to finally make their move?

Could the Iraqi "army" respond?Hrmmm Iran seems to be begging for a war..Why?To many hostile irrational statements to recall,not to mention our troops being killed with Iranian made IED's.

I'm afraid a war with Iran could be much much bigger than anyone is thinking.All i shall say is Russia/China.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Nothing good can come of this. China has yet to flex its muscle, and I embellish by saying that they probably have more military than we have people. Combine their efforts and forces with Russia, and things will get exponentially worse for us.

I'm not looking forward to seeing what happens. If it does happen, you can bet that those registered for the selective services, which is anyone over 18 (although I'm not sure what the cutoff age is - the Army is still taking people up to 42 yrs old last I heard), will find themselves in new government jobs.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by DamnedDirtyApes]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The date on the original news report is Aug. 18.

Breaking news submissions must contain news no more than 48 hours old at the time of posting, also...

Existing discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the existing discussion.

Thread closed.

top topics

join