It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA rocket entering atmosphere great view of earth! ALL in realtime with sound!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hi all,

Just found this vid on GV.
You get some very nice views on earth during all that spinning on re-entry.

Awesome how it crashes into the sea and it all goes so quick simply amazing!

Nando out!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Nice bit of footage and not how I'd imagined it would look like for some reason. Very interesting I think i'll watch it again now.

Wayne...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hi Wayne,

With not how I'd imagined it would look like do you mean that it goes so fast?
I have too in unders 5 minutes it crashes from space into the sea.

I have watch it few times already awesome I would like to see more of these total re-entries if somebody can find them.

Do you think that music was really playing in space??

Hehe

Nando out!

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is a really cool video -- but for clarification purposes, the Solid Rocket Boosters (SRBs) never re-enter the atmosphere because the never truly leave the atmosphere. The SRBs go to a height of about 220,000 feet (67 km) before they begin to fall back to Earth, and that's only about 2/3 the way to what is officially considered "space". The Earth looks more curved than it should in this video (at times) because they are using a "fish-eye" lens on the video camera, and thus it looks like they are higher than they actually are.

But, as I said, this is a really cool video. I think it's interesting how the other SRB stays at the exact same horizontal orientation relative to the SRB from which this video is taken...that means both SRB's are tumbling excatly the same way and exactly the same speed. I think that is amazing.

new topics

top topics

join