It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good and Evil, Does everyone have the same opinion ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
God's greatest gift to humanity is free will. We therefore do have the choice between good and evil.

Now many can debate for years on whats wrong or right. Personally, I think the paths are quite clear from each other. One path hurts others for personal benefit. The other truly cares for human beings and avoids exploiting them.

And make no mistake, there is no neutral path as some might believe. There might not be evil in your heart but inaction can be just as evil. For example the german civilians might not have personally hated jews or killed them with their own hands. However they didnt speak out when the gestapo came to take away their neighbor. Thats just as evil as the follow-up murder.

There is many kinds of evil. From the business owner that hurts others for personal gain to the serial murderers. However, there is only one kind of good.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
How do I vote this WAY ABOVE TOP !!! Especiall the parts HIGH LIGHTED !!!!!!! WOW !!! PLEASE , EVERYONE READ THIS AND FOLLOW BY IT ANY ANY SITUATION and everything will be ok ... Well as long as you live by these set of standards before .... Teachers, especially, should have to live by this code.

1.Improvise
2.Adapt
3.Overcome

Originally posted by Atlantix

I have just revised it, ALITTLE .. BUT ONE OF THE BEST POSTS I HAVE EVER READ !

I follow the universal moral laws. I realise most people don't understand what universal moral laws are, but I assume with you it's very simple. Value cooperation over competition, help others don't hurt them, be open-minded not narrow-minded, love the world's different people
, see yourself as one with everything to have,not one with nothing to Gain from everyone, follow everything genuine(REAL PEOPLE YOU KNOW), don't fall in for illusions(FROM AQUAINTANCES), use your mind to see beyond lies, don't let your mind be controlled by those lies(ILLUSIONS), and follow your destiny with unwavering determination. Your destiny is within you, it is strong, you will not have to find it as it is within you and it will find you as long as you are true to YOURSELF !!!.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There is no good and evil, right or wrong... only dark and light if you want to put shades on it... Read "Brave New World" if you want to understand what i mean about right and wrong... and the Nightwatch series if you want to see what I mean about good and evil being light and dark.

Never assume you are correct just because society says so...

Aislinne Lilith

[edit on 24-8-2007 by sancta_lilith]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
God's greatest gift to humanity is free will. We therefore do have the choice between good and evil.

This is only if you believe in God. So your definition cannot apply to all people because not everyone on this earth believes he is their salvation. I being one of them.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sancta_lilith

This is only if you believe in God. So your definition cannot apply to all people because not everyone on this earth believes he is their salvation. I being one of them.

I agree with this ... Everyone does not believe in god. So just take god out of it ... If that is POSSIBLE ... (WHICH I KNOW ITS NOT)

Let me rephrase and see if you have anything to say !! ... THE GREATEST GIFT TO HUMANS IS FREE WILL. BECAUSE WE CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL ... (EVEN IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD YOU HAEV TO KNOW THERE IS GOOD AND EVIL IN THE WORLD !!! I guess I could just say OPEN UP YOUR EYES ... But you would probably say something along the line of they are opened and I have not seen any god in all my life.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sancta_lilith

Thats okay, he believes in you.

In every afterdeath experience book Ive read, even atheists go on to the next realm.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Thats okay, he believes in you.

In every afterdeath experience book Ive read, even atheists go on to the next realm.

This is a hint at the right attitude but, admriker444, it is going to be very hard to communicate the endresultthat you wanted to accomplish.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join