It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An essay on Human diversity i guess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just a short essay i botched the other night, when I suddenly had a moment of clarity while half asleep. I feel it has some good points so I thought id post it up. I think a major change in attitude is needed by people and well if my essay makes one person think, then I guess im happy. I find it frustrating that people are constantly waiting for divine intervention, when we are more than capable of saving ourselves and if people consider this, perhaps mankind is in with a chance. I put it in skunk works since its not exactly important, but any thoughts anyone has would be greatly welcome.

It recently occurred to me that people in general, place a huge emphasis on human diversity. We label people by race, religion, nationality, skin colour, eye colour, height, weight, income bracket, level of education, accent, sex, occupation, and just about every other means of description possible. What I find interesting is that when we describe other people, our description usually involves a number of the words I just mentioned, and yet when you ask someone to describe themself in person, (face to face) you are unlikely to hear words from a completely different set of adjectives.

Mankind is a divided species, people are always arguing about something and nations rarely find themselves in a situation where they have positive relations with all the other nations. Emphasis on human diversity divides people into categories and divides them as such, before people of differing origin talk to each other, they are already divided, and it is difficult to overcome this.

At the end of the day we are all human beings, and perhaps it is time we all realised this and really thought about what it means. Human beings are all beautiful, intelligent, passionate, loving and most importantly, we are all equal and we are all the same underneath the surface.

Look around you, everywhere you look, your eyes are filled with the images of the wondrous achievement of mankind. These achievements have all been made in a divided world, one where indivduals or small groups work for their own benefit. Imagine what is possible if we all worked together. The potential of mankind is unlimited and by dividing ourselves, we are distancing ourselves from the possibility of fulfilling this potential.

We are the most intelligent and able beings on this planet, and it is our responsibility to look after it and everything that is part of it, every ocean, every river, every mountain, every field and we are all responsible for each other. No person has the right to judge any other and any person that seems to have power, only has power because the collective have given it to them, and what is given can also be taken away.

Everybody has a hero, or someone they look up to. To me heroes are people like Mahatma Ghandi, Martin Luther King and John Lennon. These men devoted their lives trying to save humanity, and they all lost their lives because of their purpose. Ghandi said "there are many causes I would die for, but none that I would kill for," words we could all learn from.

The time for admiring heroes is in the past, now is the time to follow the example of these heroes . Now is the time for us all to become heroes, rather than leaving it to the few.Everybody has good within in them and everybody has something to offer the rest of the human race, no matter how insignificant it may seem. Materialism and corruption have blinded people to the true problems facing mankind.

Buddha said that a selfless and righteous life will result in enlightenment and a higher level of consciousness will be attained. Krishna said the same. The teachings of Jesus and Muhammad present a slightly different path, but the principles are the same, selflessness and righteousness along with compassion, love and respect make a good person. Those with no belief in religion would surely agree. We all know what moral action is and we can all act in this way if we wish.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by mrmanuva]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Modern day religion has universally lost its true meaning and the religious people of the world have become lazy and complacent. "Don't worry, God will save us," I hear people say. Why should god save use when we have the ability to save ourselves and why would he save us when we haven't proved ourselves worthy of being saved.

The world is a beautiful place, a place of dreams, but we are all destroying it. While we continue to fight each other for no reason, kill each other, disrespect each other and consume massive amounts of energy from non renewable sources that pollute our planet, things will continue to get worse. If we unite together with a single goal, we can save the world and a world with a united human race would indeed be a kingdom worthy of heaven.

Divine intervention may well save the world one day, but why wait, when the power to save the world now, lays firmly in our hands.

(post by Kennethjsherwood removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
How do you know humans are the smartest on the planet? Did humans tell you that?
jk

In contrast, it is known that many marine mammals, specifically dolphins, simultaneously form a variety of social interactions, have high cognitive abilities and are flexible in sound production. Matrilineal whales, in particular killer whales (Orcinus Orca) and long-finned pilot whales (Glophicephala Melas), developed an advanced communication system resulting from intra- and inter-group social interactions and environmental factors. Their vocal repertoires consist of a variety of sounds such as pulsed calls, whistles, clicks and buzzes. There is evidence that two or three sounds are sometimes used in systematic combination and that killer whales may communicate by exchanging vocal signals. How vocal signals are combined and how vocal exchange patterns are organized and used, however, is largely unknown.

www.nld.ds.mpg.de...

Intelligence is relative. If I were a betting man, I'd say that any species on earth with a social structure and complex vocal communication would consider humans big, stupid predators that devour the land and kill each other off over ideals. *shrugs*

The only human comparison I can think of to give whales communication a run for their money is:

edit on 1-11-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

join