It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Almighty, Evan Almighty...... Alex Almighty???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm wondering... am I gods new playtoy? (BTW, I'm no religuos at all.

Ok... so you know how they say "When it rains, it pours"? Well I feel like I have hurrican dean right on top of me. Just wait till you hear this nice little chronicle of mine. It's not me drowning in self-pity, I actually find all this to be very amusing, in a sadistic way. So please, sit back, grab a drink and some popcorn, and join me on my saga of "August 19th, the Day from Hell." I know you'll enjoy it... as did I!

So... we've all seen Bruce Almighty and maybe even Evan Almighty. I somewhat feel like I'm the next in line. And trust me, I'm not religious by no means. But I'm just waiting for Morgan Freeman to pop up somewhere.

So anyway, here goes. So yea, yesterday was a # day. Not gonna get into that... but I thought things would be better today. So I wake up in the morning. no big deal. I go to leave... and I notice my necklace is missing. I know I had it on when I went to bed... yet somehow it managed to find it's way on top of my amp acros the room. So that scared me for a second. But other than being about 10 minutes late to work, which I ended up still being the first one there... everything was lookin good. So we go in, clock in and go start unloading the pallets off the truck. They look something like this, only with boxes and cans, etc.:

So we get the first two or three of no problem. So now we get to one thats leaning real bad to the left. it's going to fall unless it's propped up. So as I pull it out, the other stocker holds up the side until we can set it down propped up next to a pole. i move the jack out from underneath it, and walk over to where I had been standing when moving it, to make sure it'd stay... and right as I was thinking it was going to stay... it did something they said they hadn't seen happen before. Even though it was leaning kinda forward and to the left of where I was standing... the 8 foot tall pallet of cans starting leaning and fall ing back towards me. I had to literally dive out of the way to avoid being crushed by about 3 or 4 hundred pounds. how it magically changed position to fall on me? I have no idea.

So anyway, we just leave it to pick up later. Only one float had ever fallen since I've been there, so it wasn't that big of a deal. So 3 pallets later, I set down about a 8 or 9 foot pallet of cleaner (Dish soap, laundry detergent, etc.) I pull the jack out and start walkin towards the truck... next thing I know I feel something land on the back of my ankle, which hurt like hell. i turn around... apparently, another pallet fell over, just perfect enough for this pallet to fall directly towards me, and I apparently just barely missed being crushed by that too. And that's when I started to get pissed off. ok, so about 2 hours later, once I've sorted everything (by myself because the other stocker was "sick" and couldn't come in) nothing else had happened so I'd cooled off.

I pull out the first float to start putting up things for aisle 2. (Ketchup, Dressing, Pickles, canned vegetables) I'm about done, when I get down to the vinegar. Again, something that they hadn't ever seen before happened. Apparently, when this vinegar was packed (A big ole jug) they apparently forgot to add a lid to it. So when I tipped the box on it's side to open it, vinegar comes gushing out onto my legs and shoes, and of course all over my hands. So thats geat, I nearly died, twice, and now I smell like Vinegar. i was too lazy to pull out this huge zamboni type thing to clean it, so I just did it with paper towels, which took forever. So I finished that up, picked up my empty boxes, and took everything back there.

So now I come back out with another float of 2. I'm about halfway done, when I hear crash, crash, crash. Apparently some preganant lady knocked off some champagne with her gut at the end of the aisle. So since it just so happened, that meat department and the guy who usually does clean-up, all just happened to be on lunch, I got to spend an hour there cleaning everything. And now I smelled like a nice mixture of Alcohol and Vinegar... wow, sexy.

So when I'm done, I go back to my aisle, I finish it and take my cardboard boxes to the back. The bailor that crushes the boxes were full, so I had someone help me make one. They look like this:

Instead of that yellow stuff in the picture above to wrap it, we use this metal wires. I tied one, he tied the other two. So we start the machine up to push the bale onto an empty pallet. I hear some weird metallic sound, and then all of a sudden a wire break and flings from over the bale straight at me, and hits the ground in front of me before I could even think to move. The guy was half scared, half laughing. Apparently the last guy that got hit by one of those broken things a few years ago, ended up with 80 something stitches in his chest, when that wire literally just sliced him open. So yet another attempt to "get me".

After that, I just said screw it, and I decided to leave. I wasn't about to take anymore chances. And since then... nothing else has happened thankfully.

So I was unimaginably pissed at work today... so much so, that I'm not even mad about yesterday or all that anymore. Today made yesterday seem like nothing. I was literally to the point today to wear I was about to call out god himself (Though I'm very unreligious) and just duke it out with him... mano a mano. And thats when it made me think of Bruce Almighty. I've never had this much # happen to me in a single day. I've never really almost died more than once in day a either.

But yes, I found this quite amusing, something I'd thought I'd share with everyone. Yes, I'm still pissed about it all, but at the same time, highly amused. And now I'm just wondering... What next? But hey... I'm still optimistic... it can only get better from here right? i start classes tomorrow so... Once I start school, and once I can talk to her again... everthing will finally be back on track. lol... geez... the more I think about today, the more i can't stop kinda laughing... In a way, it was my best day at work yet... at least there was something to tell about it... though this was the first time I felt the full 9 hours of work.

Speaking of which, I found that on weekends that I work... I have to work from 2 to 11 pm. Wow... that's so not awesome.

So here's a rundown of everything:

1) Couldn't find necklace
2) The only stocker to show up to work today
3) Nearly Crushed by Tumbling Canned Carrots and Others
4) Nearly killed by dominoe effect falling Detergent (Ankle still hurts)
5) Spilled Vinegar all over me by freak packaging incident
6) Clean up 3 bottles of broken Champagne knocked over by knocked up lady
7) I smell like Vingar and Champagne mixed together... yummy!
8) Nearly sliced in half by broken bale tie...
9) I wok until 11 on the weekend days that I work

So I don't know if this is all coincidence or not... but theres no way all this happens in one day. So whatver controls all this crap, i sure don't think he likes me very well right now. lol, but it's ok... I'm still here... and I'm actually in a fairly good mood.

But know this Morgan... I've got my eye on you!

[edit on 19-8-2007 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
*hugs*

It does sound like a screenplay for a movie! Hope your day tomorrow is smooth and as nice as it can be for you.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I must say # 1 never ask "what next" you may get an answer. I'm not religious by any means but I will say "something" is trying to get your attention and telling you to wake up!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
One of my favorite moments/quotes in Evan Almighty:

Morgan Freeman: Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?

So, have you been praying for/about something in particular lately?

Sounds like a bad day, bro. Been having my fair share of those lately too (Murphy's Law I think it's called.) Keep your chin up... 'least that's what I keep telling myself.

Did you at least find the necklace?

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I must say # 1 never ask "what next" you may get an answer. I'm not religious by any means but I will say "something" is trying to get your attention and telling you to wake up!

I was thinking the same thing while reading DH's story.

Regards.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yes I did find the necklace... somehow it made it's way onto my guitar amp, even though I haven't used it in over two or three days.

And yea... I guess you could say I was semi-praying for something.

And yes, I probably shouldn't have asked "What Next?", but nothing else has happened... yet. Still have 1 hour 45 minutes to go.

new topics

top topics

join