It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ghost of Lyme Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk...

Lyme Park, which makes up the grounds of Lyme Hall, in Disley, Cheshire is the location of a tragic, and rather frightening set of apparitions.

A medieval funeral procession is seen to move through the grounds, followed some yards behind by a weeping white-clad woman.

The House of Lyme was once owned by Sir Piers II of Lyme, an English knight who fought at the battle of Agincourt, and who was killed a few years later, in 1422. His body was returned from France to his ancestral home. Sir Piers' wife was naturally heart-broken, but so was his mistress, a lady named Blanche. Blanche was forbidden to attend his funeral, and this, combined with the terrible grief she felt at his passing, was too much for her, and she died several weeks later. It is her ghostly figure that is seen following on behind the spectral procession, as it winds it's way through the park.

Blanche is also thought to haunt the sixteenth century manor house. Extensive restoration work in 1979 is believed by some to have disturbed the `Woman in white'. The phantom is spotted so often, that the affected area is known as `The Ghost Room'. Staff and visitors have caught a fleeting glimpse of a tall woman, wearing an ornate white gown. She has also been seen beneath one of the huge trees in front of the building.

[Edited on 15-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
wah so scare

I think I heard something about this place on some TV show about ghosts..

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I won't pretend to understand ghosts etc, but it sure sucks if she went and died out of sadness over losing her lover, and then instead of getting to go be with him, she's stuck at that place for all eternity

Then again, life's just as unfair, so what's to say the afterlife is gonna be peachy.

join