It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jets Scramble After UFO in UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted, I have done a search and i didn't come up with anything. I came across this story while browsing coast2coast. Apparently 2 F15s we're scrambled to a UFO, and some ham radio listeners picked up the recording of the American pilots discussing the object in question.

The Bury Free Press in the UK reports that in Bury St. Edmunds, jets from the Royal Air Force were scrambled to intercept a UFO. A UFO group there has posted a recording which they say provides proof that "that London Military Air Traffic Control contacted a flight of US Air Force F-15s from the base, after a UFO was picked up on their radar on January 12."

While the RAF will not comment on the recording, UFO Data Magazine writer Steve Johnson says the audio was picked up by ham radio listeners in the area, who intercepted a call made by London Military Air Traffic Control to a crew of US F- 15s that were stationed at the local RAF Lakenheath air base.

They claim the voice on the recording tells the American airmen to get a lock on an unknown target flying at 3,000 to 4,000 feet and make a “pass” at 17,000 feet and again at 17,700 feet. You can hear the pilots describe a "black rock- like object" that is unlike any aircraft they are familiar with. Like most UFOs, the craft made maneuvers that the planes we are familiar with are incapable of, and occasionally came to a complete stop in midair.

On the tape, one pilot says to another, "Did you see that?" The other pilot replies, "Yes, but I don't want to talk about it."

To hear the UFO audio, click here then click on "F-15s UFO incident."

www.unknowncountry.com...

[edit on 18uSaturday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
To hear the UFO audio, click here then click on "F-15s UFO incident."

www.unknowncountry.com...

Not working. Several levels deep I get a PDF file which repeats your post. The audio is of the 1947 Roswell radio announcement.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That's strange it worked for me. I just checked out the recording on the pdf file again and indeed it's the correct recording.

www.ufodata.co.uk...

www.ufodata.co.uk...

[edit on 18uSaturday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
www.uforeview.co.uk...

Thats the link to the WAV file. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
www.uforeview.co.uk...

Thats the link to the WAV file. Very interesting indeed.

Thanks for that....I'm relatively new this lark and still finding out things as i go along.

I to thought this was very interesting. There seems to be all kinds of UFO related goings on in Britain. I wonder what the relation is? We're a tiny little island of the world...What is the interest in this beautiful land?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Very interesting audio, thanks for posting.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
welcome to ATS paul...

Top right of ATS there is a search funtion have a look through for anything your interested in...

This is interesting audio, heres the original thread posted on this subject in March 07.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dont worry, it takes some time to start using the search facility.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

Just been over to that thread and nothings happened there since 24th April!!

Very quiet over there now...which is a shame, this looked promising. Weird there was no update about the FOIA requests

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Im not quite convinced that Pilots of fighter aircraft would use open unscrambled channels?

Any military bods reading this confirm if they do or dont?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
welcome to ATS paul...

Top right of ATS there is a search funtion have a look through for anything your interested in...

This is interesting audio, heres the original thread posted on this subject in March 07.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dont worry, it takes some time to start using the search facility.

Thanks mate, i will read this original thread with interest.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Why would jets be scrambled? I thought UFOs were "of no defence significance".

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hmm...somehow I'm not convinced. I'd like to be convinced, but I have some reservations...

I mean, is it normal for fighter radio channels to be transmitted over the air without any sort of encryption?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hmm, I dunno. I live near RAF Northolt, and there are locals who monitor all the aircraft that arrive, and they know when they are coming in even before they land because they can intercept they're comms with the Control Tower.

In my opinion there should be far more security when it comes to these sort of transmission. The squadron at Northolt for instance transports the Royal Family around and other government minister/heads of state.

You would think London Millitary ATC would encrypt orders like that, even to U.S fighters. You would think the systems would be compatible considering the USAF has had a presence in England since WW2

However, I don't get why it would be LTCC (West Drayton) that would order the jets. I don't think they control the area where the UFO was? It's also a joint civilian/millitary control centre

Bury St Edmunds is very near to Lakenheath. Lakenheath would be directed by a different control centre. Why would LTCC do it?

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Peyre]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
I mean, is it normal for fighter radio channels to be transmitted over the air without any sort of encryption?

The other strange issue is that the transmissions were supposedly picked up by HAM radio operators. But HAMs are restricted to several well-defined international frequency bands for transmissions. They can't just transmit anywhere. Their radios are built for these specific frequencies. Now, of course, any radio operator can use a scanner programmed for a wide variety of frequencies and might be able to pick something up outside the HAM bands, but this is not strictly a HAM radio operation.

P.S. I am a licensed Amateur Radio operator--Extra Class: KZ7B

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There is a rule I learnt in Brazil that "if They let you hear it, then it is a lie." I try not to approach everything with this in mind, but it often comes into play with stories of recordings of air chatter on military planes.

That being said, a flying black rock does grab one's attention, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't think the government's position is that ETs DO NOT exist, just that, if they do, they are undiscovered (but this, of course, is disingenuous, what with the unexplained Roswell evidence and whatnot).

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Just a couple of observations here.

1. They were sent up to intercept a UFO but nowhere in the conversations do you hear the ATC controller not once. This too me raises my eyebrows.

2. Not once in the audio do you hear either of the aircraft use their call signs that also makes it suspect.

3. At the very beginning of the audio, you hear one pilot refer to the other as Dude. Say what terms like those are not used by military pilots, they use their call signs. Another Red Flag.

4. Being an ex Radio operator I know for a fact that aircraft use UHF for intercept and ATC communications in flight and VHF for landing yet one person alleged there is a claim it was heard on ham bands which raises more questions that make it suspect.

edit to add

5. at the begining of the PDF file it indicates the call sign of th aircraft was Gator which would be incorrect. It should have been something like gator 12 His wing man would have had a call sign of lets say gator 22. Gator indicates the unit assigned the call sign Gator and the numbers indicate which plane in the wing. AF pilots are not like Navy pilots and they do not have their own call signs, although I do believe that there are exceptions for aircraft used in air shows and special training.

[edit on 8/19/2007 by shots]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Thx for clearing that up, now we gotta ask ourselves why would anyone want to make such a recording with all these obvious mistakes?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If you refer to the original thread, you will find these are not "obvious" mistakes. The comms are the expected low key lingo of US trained pilots. This is all covered in the original thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229
If you refer to the original thread, you will find these are not "obvious" mistakes. The comms are the expected low key lingo of US trained pilots. This is all covered in the original thread.

I read your transcripts and there is no mention of the proper procedure used by USAF Pilots.

What is your expertise in USAF Radio Procedures or protocol? My guess is zip nada based on what I read from your posts in the other thread, other then your allleged connection with the communications department which you would not mention in which way it was connected that is. I am still scracthing my head on that one because you make it sound like AF Radio procedures are secret.

I am speaking with 8 and 1/2 years experience as an ex USAF Staff radio instructor whose main job was to train pilots in proper radio procedure therefore I know what I am talking about.

[edit on 8/19/2007 by shots]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join