It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Acoustic and Dobro guitar slide jam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
PODcast:

Acoustic and Dobro guitar slide jam

Me and this dude I work with were jamming out a while back, and we did the guitar and slide part at 5280. The next day, we sent the track to his buddy in NC to drop in the bass. The product sounds nice. a little quiet, but if you turn it up, you'll hear all the goodness.

length: 04:16
file: btsmpod_2527.mp3
size: 4006k
feed: btsm

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hot Diggity Damn!

I like it. The dobro sounds so old timey (Ha! Firefox says I spelled "dobro" wrong!)
Did you record this outside? Sounds like wind in the mike here and there.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Cheers again Subject X. This was indeed this was recorded outside and that is a little breeze blowing through the mic. The dobro is pure old times. Its a 1939 National which was given to me by my aunt a coupe, of years ago.

When my grandpa boguht it in 39 it cost him a whopping $50 which was undoubtedly a load of cash back then. Its got a ton of blemishes but so much character it is oozing out the sides (metaphorically).

If I can post some pics of it I will.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I like it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Nice delta blues vibe, and that National sounded real good.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
PODcast:

Acoustic and Dobro guitar slide jam (reply 1)

This jam came out of the same session as the title podcast, but this was left clean, as is. Pardon the minor chatter at the beginning, but the jam was part tuorial for a semi-beginner. This is still in Open D tuning, as the '39 is tough to tune. Mind you, this was my first time jamming with the guy on acoustic guitar, and needless to say it wasnt the last either...Enjoy

length: 05:01
file: btsmpod_2533.mp3
size: 4713k
feed:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
OH MAN I love blues etc and this is seriously cool. Sounds like a kick back jam with nothing planned. It sounds that way because it flows easily and is not "thought" about. THAT"S music!! I hope i am making sense and it isn't misconstrued as a flame. I am a musician - a guitarist too - and i always find that the stuff we just sit and "bash" out are the best and shows and proves creativity. The flow is awesome Don!! Very Very cool. Honest.
Hot diggidy damn is right.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sounds like old song by the Canned Heat Rollin and a tumblin,sounds cool

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by shearder

I'm really glad that you dig this so much, Shearder.

Indeed this was a totally random jam session, nothing was planned but for me to be at his house with a cold 12pack. The guy I was jamming out with knew that the dobro was tuned to open D and just did something likeminded. I have never had any formal training or lessons on the slide, so this is all "freestyle".

Sit down, crack some brews and let the creative juices flow...That combo will always be a winner in my book

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
absolutely Don!! A friend and I have done that often. Crack a bottle or a few cans and jam. Sometimes i wish we recorded the stuff because it was just so darn awesome. When i was in the US for a year i played with a band called Tin Can Alley though we changed the name to Superstishun when i joined but we would ofet, on our off days, sit outside in the gazebo with a cooler box filled with brews and lots of ice and jam from the morning till we were paralytic at 2 the next morning but it was cool as hell.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Beautiful work!

Springer...

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Good lord. I compliment from one of the Three Amigo's!? Personally I equate this to having Bill Gates compliment a programmer at Microsoft, or having Sergey Brin or Larry Page telling me that my work is good.

Much appreciated Springer. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
PODcast:

Acoustic and Dobro guitar slide jam (reply 2)

Just a quick little jam in D from last night. This has a little ragtime feel to it, I wish I had a banjo...Maybe next time. Put on your overalls, sit on your rockin chair and enjoy!

length: 01:55
file: btsmpod_2560.mp3
size: 1810k
feed:

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Down here in Louisiana, we
call that foot-tappin, belt buckle
shinin' music.

You get a banjo, I'll buy the beer !!

Bravo !

Regards,
Lex

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Down here in Louisiana, we
call that foot-tappin, belt buckle
shinin' music.

You get a banjo, I'll buy the beer !!

Bravo !

Regards,
Lex

Much better genre description than me
Nice

I will have the banjo at some point. I guess when that happens then you drink my beer for me.

Lex!

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
For those that don't know...

Shining the belt buckle =
dancing.

Don, when you get that banjo,
please let us hear.

I do so love good banjo playing.

Wait, is there such a thing as bad
banjo ?

I think not.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
wow.
i love the music.
the acoustics are
especially
magnificent.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That's pretty good! I've got a banjo, so if you fancy collaborating on something over the 'net I'd be up for it.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Oh wow this is my kind of music!
wonderful work man.

top topics

join