It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia restarts its Soviet Programs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Read this for a shock and a half

www.cnn.com...""

[edit on 8/17/2007 by Karl7772000]

Putin said 14 strategic bombers had taken off simultaneously from airfields across Russia in the early hours of Friday on long-range missions.

"We have decided to restore flights by Russian strategic aviation on a permanent basis," Putin told reporters after inspecting joint military exercises with China and four Central Asian states in Russia's Ural mountains.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
and this!

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That one still confuses me. Why get rid of the BBC i mean thought control doesnt work, does it?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Who knows what other programs they have brought back again, looks like Russia wants to relive the glory days.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Do you know russia is supposed to be wanting a navy port in syria, i wonder why?

[edit on 8/17/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Do people not search before starting threads??

This has already been posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyJo
Do people not search before starting threads??

This has already been posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

humm, that is the aircraft forum...

I still don't see why is it that some people get so frustrated when news like these are posted in two different forums...

How many people actually think most members go around every forum reading every thread?....

I don't go through every forum in ATS, and i am certain most members don't do this either, but rather go to a few of the forums.

The last time i came to this forum in specific was probably a few months back, and this is not even posted in Breaking news, where it should also be posted...

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Muaddib

I know it was bumped into current events somehow ( not my doing i put in breaking news ). I rarely post and people's unnecessary comments like the one before yours Muaddib is one of the reasons.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
first off karl, that is the coolest avatar i have ever seen in my life.

second of all, sadly the soviet and the usa sleep in the same bed. at the end of the day, the facade that we see in daily life (pushed by the damned media such as CNN and MSNBC) is nothing close to reality. the truth would have it that the drug war, for example, was created simply to gain incredible amounts of money. not only does it drive up the cost of the drugs, but it pads the american government's dollars through the judicial system.

in short, the soviet programs never amounted to anything substantial in the first place and they won't amount to anything now.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Russia's been really juiced about the Missile Defence program the USA has been working to develop and deploy.
Putin's efforts to re initiate "mothballed" long range bomber flights since the end of the cold war is just another message from Putin saying it's no longer business as usual with the USA.

Long range Bomber Deployment article
english.people.com.cn...

U.S. plays down Russia's resumption of flights of strategic planes article
english.people.com.cn...

Dallas

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The question I have is whether the Russian bombers are flying to their old nuke control points like they did during the cold war or not. If so we need to let them know that this is very foolish.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This pretty much states the US's view on it...doesnt seem like we are too worried about it. Its just a symbolic move anyway.

"If Russia feels as though they want to take some of these old aircraft out of mothballs and get them flying again, that's their decision."

I dont think the US is too worried about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I just came across this article this morning which gives a little more background re Russia's Putin and his efforts ie:

Russia flexing military muscle, Aug 19, Washington Times:
washingtontimes.com.../20070819/FOREIGN/108190065/1001

His plan of spending 250Bn for new carriers and SU50 fighters etc.. is a little more than pulling longerange bombers out of storage. I'm still wondering if he will retire from office after this, his last term under Russian law?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
UPDATE: IS THE USSR GOING TO COME AGAIN?

www.cnn.com...

"Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev's party won every available seat in a new parliament on Sunday after a flawed vote that the opposition said turned the clock back to totalitarian Soviet rule."

"Bolat Abilov, one of the ANSDP's leaders, told Reuters: "This is absolutely absurd. We're going back to the Soviet Union, back to the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.""

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
MODS: Please remove this thread as it is no longer updated or relevant as well as being redundant. Thank you for your time and thank you to all those who have posted.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I never trusted Russia. I remember when the Soviets loosened their grip and allowed the wall to come down, the first thing that came to mind was..
These guys are just playing a huge game of chess.

new topics

top topics

join