It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Addicted to Gasoline?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If somewhat accurate these numbers are indeed kinda scary!

www.gasaddict.com...

Realtime stats?

Do you drive a car? If so, then you are probably addicted to gasoline. Don't believe it? Ask yourself this question:

The next time your car is out of gas, don't fill it up. How long could you last without your next "fix" of gasoline?

I kinda find the question unfair as I need it to go to work, but altely I use public transportation to save some $$.

Note: the site above gives the number in real time but I am unsure where the numbers are based from...

When we started drilling for oil in 1901, the earth had about 2.1 trillion barrels of conventional oil in it. In the last 100 years, we've used half of it, and currently the world consumes about 1,000 barrels each second. From this, we can say that:

Gas used world-wide since page loaded: 7,188,804 gallons

Oil used this year in the U.S. alone: 4,534,306,351 barrels

Oil still left in the earth: 980,413,363,493 barrels

Total of the earth's oil we've used: 50.97933182%

Time left until we run out of oil: 31.08870381 years

andthe site claims:

Are the numbers "1000 barrels/second" and "we've used half of the earth's oil" really true?
Yes. We surpassed 1000 barrels/second in mid-2006, and all scientific evidence points to the earth originally having 2.1 Trillion barrels of conventional oil, 1 Trillion of which we've consumed in the past 100 years. There is no scientific evidence that the world has any more conventional oil than that. And, as you know, when it's gone, it's gone.

Any feedback stating otherwise?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Never thought about this, but it indeed sounds possible...

I love the smell of gas, not directly but, when you get a good distance it smells awesome! It would be a very hard experiment... but after thinking about it, I love just sitting in a car(don't have my license yet) and I couldn't care less when we get to 'B'. I never thought what it really was I liked about just driving, possibly the fumes.

join