It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were evolving, Right now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hey i was just thinking that evolution hasnt been proven beyound a doubt yet, so what about the argument that we now live till were 70-ish and 100 years ago 30 was a good age to die ? This not mean weve been constantly evoling to live longwer lives,m and that in 100 years to come we'll eb living to 150+.

Not sure this is right forum, but i think it is.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Interesting theory. It could be just the improvement in the quality of food and medication that is behind most or all of the increasement. Im not saying this fast food garbage is the way to go we are being pushed down our throats since birth these days. I mean there is a supply and knowledge on the quality and quantity of food we should be eating to try and optimize our lifespan along with some serious improvements in the medical sector.

All these people with high blood pressure and similar problems, which seems to be alot atleast around where I live, used to just die away because there was no way for them to fix their problem. Now they just keep eating their pills daily and keep on truckin. Not to say theres no side affects on some of the medications but theres alot of people who would be long gone without their medication. So yeah if you count the ability to produce medication and the abilitity to improve our food quality evolvement of humans then yeah I guess we are evolving at a very fast rate.

I suppose not all evolvement has to be physical afterall.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you can call that evolving as a physical being, but we sure are evolving as a race.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Anthropology says that as soon as a species becomes advanced enough to protect the weakest members of it's society, it stops evolving.

This would mean that we stopped evolving some time ago.

IMO it's the advances in healthcare, diet, sanitation and the eradication of certain diseases that has lead us to live longer lives.

Unless the future holds some kind of regeneration therapy where worn out parts of the body can be repaired then we will reach the limit of our age. For instance, the heart beats only a certain number of times in an individuals lifetime, and we have a finite number of brain cells that are never replaced.

new topics

top topics

join