It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun at a low point of 11 year cycle, high point in 5.5 years. Just some thoughts on the timetable.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
So everyone here has had their fair share of back and forth over the whole next 5 years and so on and I think we all dread another thread with 2012 in it.

I came across this and thought it was an interesting report.

news.com...

There have been alot of posts of people purposing different scenarios over the short and long term future, but they all pretty much terminate at the year 2012 for whatever reason. I haven't seen many local prophets selling anything beyond that timeframe, so if I'm missing some, please point me in the right direction.

My thought on all of this is that others have described this as being the calm before the storm and I just thought this picture symbolized that well.

My gut feeling is that the next 5 years at a minimum will be interesting with no "outside" influence at any rate with the state of the world, and what seems to be alot of things that we have taken for granted being slowly and quietly taken from us. In some cases the general public has proven itself incapable and that's when it's easier to pass the buck to someone else to handle it for us, but that's a rant for a different day.

My brief take on the events and scenarios on the end times are that I think we as humankind can do little to control the large scale events that occur here every so many thousands of years that wipe out most of the larger civilizations. If we look around we see buildings built from earth that are left behind, cities that have fallen into the sea, etc. To me it seems that there are global events that occur and these are the events that really hit the "reset" button on the globe, things like a polar shift causing floods and the exposed landmass to shift.

Just wanted to show the picture and thought this belonged in skunk works after I had added my part about future events.

I'd like to see some input as to what people think of the possibility of our magnetic field being tied in some way or form to what will be happening in the future. Like if we did have a polar shift, belief goes that our magnetic field would drop and eventually hit zero for a short time while the process occurs. I've heard that people don't do so well mentally without a magnetic field, I believe the Russians figured this out when first getting involved with spaceflight.

Anyones open discussion on it is welcome.

PS - Please forgive the broken thoughts, long day and I'm a little tired.

-EDIT- Fixed link and shortened subject

[edit on 15-8-2007 by HaTaX]

new topics

join