It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bridge Collapse in China Kills 22. 46 Still Missing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Bridge Collapse in China Kills 22. 46 Still Missing

www.cnn.com

BEIJING, China (AP) -- A bridge under construction as a tourist attraction in central China collapsed, killing at least 22 people and leaving 46 missing, China Central Television reported Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[Edited for correction.]

[edit on 14-8-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This shouldn't be at all startling to anyone, what with the news of our own bridge collapse, as well as others that need repairs. It would appear that bridges everywhere need repairs done to them. Let's hope this gets resolved soon.

Maybe the Chinese can knock heads with us and come to some sort of solution on this. Maybe a diplomatic resolution would yield more results than private assessing has done.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[Edited for correction in title.]

[edit on 14-8-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Or maybe it was retaliation due to some ludicrous intelligence that claimed China caused the Minneapolis collapse!

Boy, this site could sure use some sarcasm tags.

'Tis an important issue, especially when coupled with a population of a billion people which facilitates a LOT of traffic. I guess they just don't make em like they used to.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Actually, I think the proper phrase here would be, "I don't think they maintain em like they used to."

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Actually, I think the proper phrase here would be, "I don't think they maintain em like they used to."

TheBorg

Well in this case theye didnt maintain it at all as it was still under construction

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Anything is possible. It just seems odd to me that the bridge has so many people on it when it's being constructed. Perhaps I just don't understand what it takes to make a bridge. I'm perfectly willing to accept that as a possibility.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Anything is possible. It just seems odd to me that the bridge has so many people on it when it's being constructed. Perhaps I just don't understand what it takes to make a bridge. I'm perfectly willing to accept that as a possibility.
TheBorg

Oh people will cross bridges in China LONG before they are finished. Ive seen people carry boards and planks out on an unmade bridge and throw them across the gapand risk their lives getting across.
No one seems to care at all.
Health and Safety in China ? Non existant.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
So it's not a matter of protecting the bridge itself, but the people that seem to go across it for no reason? I'm amazed that China, with her authoritative stance on everything else, doesn't come out and force their populations to stay off the bridges until they're complete. Then again, they have so many people, so tightly spaced, that they probably think it best to lose a few people.

Population control is such a big deal for them, as anyone can guess with a good portion of the world's population living in one small area.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
This is very sad. Local farmers were working to complete the bridge. I'm assuming they make up the dead and wounded.

top topics

join