It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason Background Check

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I received a DWI almost 6 years ago. I have read others' posts regarding their feeling on DWIs, but no one mentioned if this would prevent me from becoming a Mason. Felonies are specifically mentioned, but not misdemeanors. Should I wait longer? I now live in a smaller community and do not want to present myself to them only to find out I will not be accepted. Any relevant feedback would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i think you need to be honest on your petition and tell them that you got a DUI. if they investigate it and find that out and you didnt tell them i think that will Definitely hinder you from getting in. you can explain the situation to the investigating committee and i am sure they will listen to reason. i do not know anyone that has been rejected due to a DUI, if that gives you a sense of reassurance. it sure is a bummer but its better to be honest about it than deceiptful.

good luck to you!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I agree, if you are forthcoming with the DUI it will look much better than if you leave it off and the investigatory committee finds out after the fact. I don't think it will be a big problem, honesty is always the best policy when dealing with those types of situations.

join