It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High tech Machines Gear up to Find Dark Matter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

High tech Machines Gear up to Find Dark Matter

www.examiner.com

LOS ANGELES (Map, News) - In deep underground laboratories around the globe, a high-tech race is on to spot dark matter, the invisible cosmic glue that's believed to keep galaxies from spinning apart.

Whoever discovers the nature of dark matter would solve one of modern science's greatest mysteries and be a shoo-in for the Nobel Prize. Yet it's more than just a brainy exercise. Deciphering dark matter - along with a better understanding of another mysterious force called dark energy -
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
As Interesting as it is to think about Dark matter as we always want to know whats in a Dark Closet.I get the feeling from this article its more a race for the Nobel at our expense, which I am sure is in the billions. The Egos involved are too concerned to pool the resources (IMO) to tackle these great cosmic questions. And no pics to boot, unless you want to figure out whats holding up all the white letters on the black background on your screen, I guess thats the closest my needle brain will get to understand. If anyone can get pics on this please feel free to add.
I think I will cheat..this link will give several thousand images of dark matter..from an image search..other images are clearly not dark matter though I wish..
Dark matter thumbnais search

The last time I used dark matter was in QuakeIV or three, it made a great weapon, though the discharges were rather slow in reaching the targets.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I always new the universe is infested with spiders

Gee and I thought we American Taxpayers were dumb, The Swiss/French win hands down.

Billions to find der Gott particle..Ja of course!, vas? Find Shwartz matter?..Ja Ja ..Just keep Der white lab coats on Unt glasses, ruffle your hair like Albert..Unt presto., tell them the Americans might get there first, unt they will give you anything..

another a picture of the famous CERN colliderLooking into Dark Matter at Cern

new topics

join