It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA speaks it's mind about "The Book"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Seems as if all the attention has caused some one within the agency, to make it known how they feel about recent publications. At least one in particular was in need of being addressed directly on their web page.

The CIA is no stranger to criticism. Intelligence work, focused as it is on the uncertain, the unknown, and the deliberately hidden, comes with great difficulty and risk. There will be shortcomings and unpleasant surprises.
CIA Statement on “Legacy of Ashes”

[edit on 12-8-2007 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Definitely have to add this to my reading list. To me its obvious that the book holds some deeper truths if only for the fact that the CIA has provided an official and somewhat snappy retort. Sounds like someone got a kick in the nether regions and didn't like it.

Lets face it, the CIA are scum, always have been always will be. They are just as nefarious as their purported enemies and will continue to thrive at what they do best.

brill

[edit on 12-8-2007 by brill]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I guess we know why Kennedy wanted to, uh turn them into a thousand points of light.(*)

But I think what happens is similar to what you find with law enforcement. They end up being cut from the same mold as the perpetrators, being down in the trenches each day.

As a famous politician once said, you have to be willing to be more ruthless than your enemy.

I note on their response page they say they don't claim to be perfect and that they "strive each day" to learn from failures.

Oh really? I'd like to see a list of which Ops they consider failures, and, indeed, that there's someone in the Agency that analyzes their missions for such qualities. Might be nice to have a little civilian oversight, eh?

I can see it now:
Lessons Learned - 112263..."Those pesky Mossad and Coriscans are always at each other's throats - leave them out of the next mission".

BTW, this makes for some interesting reading, particularly the Kennedy Vietnam timeline

(*)Forgive the mixed reference made for the sake of humor

new topics

join