It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not exactly sexy, but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hi. This is my first contact with this forum...been lurking and reading for a while, but never had anything to contribute. I'm not sure, but this seems like a good place to post this. This evening, about 7 PM (Saturday, August 11), I was coming into my house and saw a V-22 Osprey flying overhead. I'm located in western North Carolina, Hendersonville, near the Asheville airport. We get semi-regular fly-by's from various military cargo planes and choppers, but this was the first time I've seen an Osprey.
I did a little research, and it turns out that one of the three Marine units flying the Osprey at the moment is based out of eastern NC, on the coast. In the past two weeks, I've seen the C-17 cargo planes, the AC130 (I think that's it) refueling planes, and now the MV-22. Just seems like a high level of military air-traffic for a regional airport. Just thought I'd put it out there!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I disagree. I think the V-22 Osprey is, in fact, "sexy". That thing looks like a monster on steroids.

Well, maybe not that terrifying...

Incidentally, there was an Air show here in Oregon. I'm pretty sure I saw the Blue Angels... or jets painted in those colors. In any case, the jets were loud and impressive when I caught sight of them.

In any case, cheers!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Obligatory V-22 Osprey jpg:

Hot, or not?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I mean, yeah, its a cool plane, and I was pretty stoked to see one fly right over my head...but not exactly a F-22 or UFO. Still, it was cool to see such a rare plane. I noticed how silent it seemed. It made a noise, but it was subtle, just a low rumble. Very different sound than either a chopper or a regular turbo-prop. That was what caught my attention and made me look up...the sound. Andy

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
i have yet to see one in real life....

as far as hot goes....not.....the plane is...........different....
(the sexiest plane is the B1B....mmmmmhmm)

and for future refrence refueling aircraft go by the designation K..and normally followed by a C...(K for Kerosene, and C for Cargo)

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wenfieldsecret
for future refrence refueling aircraft go by the designation K..and normally followed by a C...(K for Kerosene, and C for Cargo)

Thanks for that. I think I knew that, just couldn't remember exactly when I posted. I've seen the KC-130 around here lately....Andy

top topics

join