It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem, please help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
One PC (Celeron 300) with Win98. It has 2 video adapters (PCI) and two monitors connected to them. Both video adapters are quite old (one is from S3 and second from ATI).
Is there and way how to get the same image on both monitors? Win 98 only supports making them both as one big display.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Seeing as no-one has responded to your post, I thought I'd respond - I may have a little info for you.

I think you can have dual monitor support if you use Nvidia video cards - not quite sure how, but probably just the way you have stated - 2 video cards, and 2 monitors. You can then set them up in the video card settings.

I know about this through using Nvidia GeForce 2 cards (not tried dual monitors though).

I am not sure about other video cards though. Mayeb you should try searching the Internet for "Dual monitors" or something simular if not already done so.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Seeing as no-one has responded to your post, I thought I'd respond - I may have a little info for you.

Thanks

I think you can have dual monitor support if you use Nvidia video cards - not quite sure how, but probably just the way you have stated - 2 video cards, and 2 monitors. You can then set them up in the video card settings.

If that PC had Nvidia cards, it wouldn�t be a problem. Unfortunately it doesn't.

Mayeb you should try searching the Internet for "Dual monitors" or something simular if not already done so.

Already done. I guess it's impossible.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agnis
One PC (Celeron 300) with Win98. It has 2 video adapters (PCI) and two monitors connected to them. Both video adapters are quite old (one is from S3 and second from ATI).
Is there and way how to get the same image on both monitors? Win 98 only supports making them both as one big display.

If you mean half the desktop on one monitor and the other half on the other than it is possible. But if you're talking about the whole desktop, one on each monitor, than I'm afraid it can't be done.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

Originally posted by Agnis

If you mean half the desktop on one monitor and the other half on the other than it is possible. But if you're talking about the whole desktop, one on each monitor, than I'm afraid it can't be done.

MrMoulder is correct. Dual monitor support just makes for a larger desktop area spread between monitors. In fact you can have more than 2 actually, although that might not include win98, I don't remember off hand.

For what you're talking about, same single image but on two monitors, you would either need to split the signal or something like that. Using two video cards produces independent displays. There are some laptops that will do what you're talking about naturally for purposes of docking them. But that isn't gonna help you much in this case, sorry.

top topics

join