It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you cope with the BS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hi..

I don't believe in much... weirdly i used to be a Christian... took me a while to wake up from that after much searching...found the truth there... Jesus etc...all Myth...parody of Egyptian religion/zodiac ... right moving on, yes 9/11 was an Inside Job...and we know why, ok... Apollo moon landings...bull#, i think I'm being fair ? - BUT there's a few things that worry me... it's the bull# that floats around the ATS forums and anywhere actually... no I'm not talking about Scientology or any other obvious idiot gathering mechanism... when your dealing with ideas like this you have to take some with a pinch of salt...and so i come here to ask you guys for opinions on these...

Shape-Shifters, David ICKE...(who i like) but # me if he keeps on pumping that utter bollox about reptiles then his NWO movement will be a joke... and thats exactly what i think it's there for... sells books, talks...hmmm but once people start to believe him because of the credibility of his other stuff then it becomes...myth...just like jesus being an actual person and was alive...it's getting out of hand IMO...

UFO's...hmmmmm please, there's so much bull surrounding this i doubt any of it true... aliens?... what about the post war ballistic missile tests in new Mexico? oooh sorry i forgot...Roswell, oh well thats ok then.... I'll take my alien mask home with me and be a good little believer...isn't it obvious? - Mis-information again... ok so i don't know what the shuttle saw... debris? but the rest is all toss IMO... what about Aurora? Stealth? - exactly...

right what else...anyways leave it there... any ideas on the shape-shifters? - i'll leave the UFO myth thats already embedded after 50 years...it's gonna be too hard to dislodge...funny how we believe any old # isn't? it's what we do... anyways please advise

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Um, OK. Those are some of our busiest topics. So I have to ask, if it's all "toss" why bother registering on this site then?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
OK, I've seen a couple of your posts and it's clear you just clicked OK to the Terms and Conditions of Use of ATS. I recommend that you read them, seeing as you agreed to abide by them when you registered.

In particular:

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
sorry i don't mean to be so rude, i apologize... but we are dealing with humans remember and they can believe anything, factual or not because they always want to believe in a higher power, a more benevolent power a source for common good etc ... don't we all at times eh?

There is a TRUTH but it's saturated with complete and utter bullocks like shape-shifters and aliens in metal crafts visiting earth, 2012 etc etc etc...

Its nice to fantasize but when it's palmed off as truth it blurs the vision for the rest of us...

We have a passionate souring intelligence which will empower us to save this planet from the myth makers and those who control us and i believe the ATS forums is a great place to find truth in these important matters...and times of course because it's becoming more & more obvious...but also the BULL is starting to be washed off and i hope along with all that comes the lies humans have perpetuated in seeking of such truth...

I wish there was Aliens... a final cohesive force from space which i hope would be friendly and take us to the next level of our evolution because right now we have taken such crap as truth we need some bull# killers to take us into the so called 'light'...

but it's not gonna happen... it's us, it's our problem...only a few i feel have the will power and the intelligence to see the current state of play subverted in such ways...

which brings me back to David Icke... Shape Shifting his way through the lives of those who come to forums like these to find answers... i believe DI is wrong about the 'reptiles' and i wondered what people really 'believe'

//13th

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
swears are replaced with a # autiomatically.now even the # is to much?pffffffffffffft.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I like the free energy part. Get something for nothing while disregarding physics actually appeals to me. The only free part of this equation is the self hype the people who post about this while hawking their own site with "new" or "ground breaking news" information that the oil companies, or the government, or wealthy billionaires, or gas station owners (you fill the blank) is trying to keep secret or kill them over the forbidden knowledge.

Of course there is always the time travel gizmo. I personally know how to build one but I came back from the future and told myself not to build it as it would be bad. We'll just skim over the reasons why this can't be done in a pure scientific way but just say we don't have the technology yet.

Now for the UFO's and aliens. There is so much fertile ground, I just don't where to start. The basic UFO is just that, not some alien ship from a parallel universe or from some star light years away, or even a black military craft that the civilian population should have no reason to know even exists; it an Unidentified Flying Object. It could be anything that is well know except to the person who sees the object. This is not saying there hasn't been good and tantalizing photos or movies made over the years because there have been. I'm just saying the average person sees something shiny in daylight or a light at night time and his/her brain ceases to function for some reason and then you have a UFO. This make about 90 to 95% of all sightings identifiable to the trained person. The remaining percentage is the kicker and this should be researched and discussed by professionals. Now the rub, the public wants to be involved by using trained amateurs, leading the way, who border on idiots on good days. I am being very general in my statements, but when you see leading UFO experts on TV, most of them are like your uncle no one talks about.

As for the aliens, we ain't talking Mexicans here. Let's just imagine, for one moment, that a planetary society has so much wealth that they have decided on manned (pardon the Humanistic term) flights to different worlds. Our little corner of the universe is discovered to have life forms so a barrage of testing is done on all lifeforms. (edit note: it is discovered that the Human term for Cow Anus is found to be a galactic treat with different aliens traveling far and wide for this delicacy)

It is found that Mankind has the predominate role in the planet composed mostly of water so experiments are conducted on individuals. Disregarding the fact that the people taken for experiments are basically social outcasts or publicity hounds, these people are taken for different things. Claims made from interbreeding of aliens with humans are made. We'll forget the fact again, these are real smart aliens that have figured out how to travel far distances, are stupid in genetics or just incredibly horny from a long time being alone. A reasonably intelligent person should pause and think about this instead of plowing ahead and making wild claims. There is a motivation for plowing ahead, however. You can always write a book after you have researched the people and the evidence they provide. Money is a powerful motivator as is media attention, this is were the alien/UFO research starts to blur and the reason why there needs to be professional research.

Of course the government can't do the professional research with their highly trained military and scientific branches. We all know the cover up of the terrorists act of 9/11 with missiles disguised as airplanes to fool the people and cameras of that day. If you name one scientific achievement of the government, there is a conspiracy or cover up attached to it. I personally think WW2 was fought by actors. I wasn't there to see it but I have seen the movies. Isn't this a stupid line of thought but you can use this in just about any cover up or conspiracy with those 2 sentences by changing just a couple of words.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, I deal with it by just walking away from the PC sometimes, and just living my normal, real life.

One thing ATS has taught me is just how flexible the "Truth" can be.
Both from the side that Govts tell you a story they want you to believe, and place all sorts of pressures to enforce those beliefs. Things like Patriotism and Fear Mongering.

But ATS also shows me how people can get wrapped up in their own circular, self-reinforcing logic that can make them believe quite outlandish things, latching onto doubtful pieces of evidence and rumour and urban myth.

This is an interesting place to observe Human Nature at work.
Makes it very clear that the world definitely does NOT run on logic and altruism and common sense. We're still largely those upright walking, meat-eating apes inside.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th_disciple

I don't believe in much... weirdly i used to be a ... took me a while to wake up from that after much searching...

It has seemed to me for a long time . . . that some folks are . . .

--personality wise;
--bias wise;
--seething resentment, bitterness, hatered, anger-wise;
--rebellion-wise;
--arrogance-wise;
--stubbornness-wise;
--idolatry-of-hedonism-wise;
--. . .

hell-bent to be destroyed by a horrendous TYPE II error thinking that because they are allergic to TYPE I errors that there's nothing from the TYPE II direction that will 'get them.'

Boy are they WRONG.

But perhaps their reason for existence is to provide object lessons to others who still have a shread of teachableness left.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
One simple and easy way to deal with all the nonsense is to simply ignore it. Don't visit websites like this one. Stick with your ordinary network news. Or better yet, don't bother with the news at all, because it's really just the same stuff repeated over and over with different names.

If there is some kind of "alternative" news or viewpoint that gathers momentum, some conspiracy that shows some promise of actually being true and possibly having an effect on the lives of the general public, then you'll eventually hear about it. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter.

If the UFOs really appear, you won't hear about it from some grainy photo buried on an odd website. It'll be right there in your face on every newspaper and TV channel in the world. If the NWO rolls tanks down your Main Street, you'll probably notice. If chemtrails start causing people to fall over dead in the streets, you probably won't miss it. It'll all be very plain and clear and it will affect you directly.

Some nutcase genius develops a free energy machine the size of a toaster that runs forever on a teaspoon of peanut butter? Unless you have one, what do you care? So what? Are you going to curse the evil oil companies? Oh, that'll sure show them! The truth of the matter is, unless you happen to have one of those little machines on your kitchen counter, it doesn't matter if it's real or suppressed or not. It doesn't affect you.

That's the way a normal, sane person approaches these topics. Think about them a little, then shrug. Get on with your life. Go to school and learn a trade that will allow you to make a little more money and live a little better. Meet people in person in bars or restaurants and laugh with them a little about ordinary topics. Fall in love. Plan a life. Enjoy the nice weather without worrying about chemtrails or Mole People or the Masons.

That's how it's done. Leave this site and never return. Literally billions of people on this planet rarely or never even think about this stuff and live long, happy lives. You can too.

top topics

join