It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New from Canada (a tale of half-assed "public safety")

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hello ATS

I've been lurking here for a few years, but finally decided to join.

What prompted me to join was a visit I took with my son (age 4) to the Parliament Buildings here in Ottawa. They give the illusion of tight security (airport-style screening and layers of guards), however we managed to get into the elevator and up to the lookout deck of the Peace Tower without anyone seeing.

Our guide told us that it was open, so we went ahead no security staff in sight. When we got back down we were confronted by half a dozen security guards who quizzed us on how we squeaked by and that the Tower was closed. Really? There was no one there to stop us or tell us otherwise. Recall that this is a prime target for terrorists.

As we were leaving the building, a man had been stopped coming in the wrong door; the front doors instead of the door that takes you to airport screening.

Finally, when we were outside near the front lawn I decided to take a peek at my mobile email device (it was a Friday) to see if anything urgent had come in from work. Anyway, as I was checking the damn thing I looked up to see a security guard watching me intently. Nice priorities folks!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Serpentine7

The more Canucks, the merrier.

I bet that Security guy was wondering if that cellphone was some sort of triggering device.

The Post-9/11 world is no dang fun anymore.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hey theEnd2007 and welcome

Its nice to see another fellow Ottawaian here

I hope you have a long, joyous stay here

join