It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meningococcal disease found in four children, two vaccinated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
www.nzherald.co.nz...

No Vaccine is 100% effective ..

Lab tests have confirmed four cases of meningococcal disease in five Wellington children suspected of catching the killer bug.

Two of the children had been fully vaccinated against the disease and one had received partial vaccination. All were infected with the epidemic strain of the disease, which is specifically targeted by the MeNZB vaccine.

Regional Public Health Medical Officer of Health Margot McLean said though the infections were disappointing, vaccine breakthrough cases can occur and no vaccine was 100 per cent effective.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
OK...this is news how? Everytime you get a shot they give you a disclaimer saying it's not foolproof.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
disclaimer saying it's not foolproof.

On disclaimer .........No didn't get one here OZ , shots were given at school , simple permission form filled and receipt given , most parent' s not informed , so most parents would not consider symptoms to be associated with this disease in their vaccinated child . My reason for posting ... most parents while filing receipt of vaccination were feeling 100% positive they had protected their child . You know , I know but many others do not know .

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
....... Report from the frontlines of Pediatric medicine:

The vaccine is not fool proof. BUT, having worked in a Pediatric intensive care unit my ENTIRE 13 years as a nurse I can tell you this: This disease has gone from 10-15 horrific cases a year all the way to the point if we have one IT noteworthy. We have nurses on our unit with 3-5 years experience that have NEVER seen a case. Thats a good thing IMHO.

You cannot imagine the horrors the kids and families would be subjected too from this.

As noted above nothing is ever 100% in medicine.

top topics

join