It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wood Landing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hello,

I've read a lot of ATS and thought its about time I started posting. Can someone please take a look at this video and tell me if it's real?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
One of the worst bits of fakery Ive seen.
I love the way the 'aliens parade through the room

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
yup it's real. good find.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I would say it's bollocks, but that would be unfair to bollocks.

It's just a cheap piece of science fiction. If you like this sort of thing, ET has much better production values.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've watched a lot of videos and yes this has to be the strangest one and after reading the ATS forum for some time I was surprised I haven't seen it before.

What I would like to see is the full length version unedited. If anyone can find that for me it would be great.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by eDrinker
I've watched a lot of videos and yes this has to be the strangest one and after reading the ATS forum for some time I was surprised I haven't seen it before.

I've previously posted the information below from my database of infamous UFO videos, but given that this thread has had several posts without referring to this information I hope no one minds if I repeat myself:

The video at link posted is an episode of Encounters which included footage from the original version of a movie known as "The McPherson Tape", also known as“Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County” .

Two versions of the movie were made, an original version and a remake. Both were directed by Dean Alioto.

Neither version shows a "real" abduction.

The "aliens" in the original version were children in alien costumes, as was revealed on an episode of the "Encounters" documentary series a few years ago.

The original version of this movie (which purports to show a family celebrating a birthday) was filmed in one night, with a budget of about $6,500. It was introduced into the UFO community by ufo researcher, Tom Dongo. He was shown the video by a friend.

Extracts from the original version have featured on several TV shows. It has been shown on a Japanese show and also featured twice on Encounters. On the first of the relevant episodes of Encounters, the video was presented without an explanation of its true background. In the second of the relevant episodes, that background was revealed.

The version of "Incident in Lake County" broadcast on UPN in 1998 (which purports to show a family celebrating a birthday) was a later remake of a budget movie by the same director, with more professional actors and a budget which was massively greater than that for the original version. The original version had a budget of about $6,500 whilst the remake had a budget of over $1 million. It is regularly shown in the United Kingdom on the Sky Movies channels

The story in relation to the two versions of this video have been discussed repeatedly on ATS. See, for example:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I've previously posted information about the earlier version (i.e. the one at the link you posted). The link below probably contains sufficient information about its real background:
www.badmovieplanet.com...

At that link, the director of both versions gives the relevant background. That includes the following in relation to the original version at the link you posted:

I hired a group of skilled improve actors, except for myself who played the 16 year old shooting the video, and shot the direct-to-video movie in one night, in one continuous take, on 8mm video. The guy who created the UFO craft and aliens has since gone on to be the production designer for the recent live-action Scooby-Doo films -- Bill Boes.

I've seen several people post emails on the ATS forum and elsewhere which imply that they think that the remake is genuine, or at least a reconstruction of real events. I'm not sure why people make such comments given the information presented above.

Credits and other details for the second version are included in the Internet Movie Database (imdb) entry online at:
www.imdb.com...

The Internet Movie Database entry includes details (with photos) of the actors in this movie, with details of the other parts that they have played in other productions. For example, the father has appeared in the X-Men films, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG-1, Smallville and other productions.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

[edit on 3-8-2007 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Excellent reply, thanks I better get reading

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eDrinker
Excellent reply, thanks

No problem at all.

I'd collated all the details in the past, so merely had to cut and paste notes from my database.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ok I now have personal disclosure on this video thanks again.

new topics

top topics

join