It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary Guy is new

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
So since there was already a post with the title of "fresh meat" in it it told me to go back and write everything again. This is why I should save the text into notepad so I don't lose the work.

Anyhow now you get the abridged version. This is just another new member post, pay no attention. It's mostly for me to see how my posts will look on the forum.

Background on me is 26 year old loser who lives in his parents attic. I'm fairly paranoid but probably not paranoid enough. A friend told me about this site so I figured I'd check it out. I plan on telling a few other fellow tinfoil hat club members about it. I wear my paranoia like a badge of honor because it means that I'm not another blind sheep like most of the rest of the population.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Scary Guy.

You can read the ATS handbook, with many information on how to use ATS.

And there's nothing wrong with a little paranoia, just don't let it take over you.

Oh, and bring your friends, everyone is welcome on ATS.

Edit: just a quick edit to add two things that I don't know if there are on the ATS Handbook or not.
1. You don't need to use notepad to save your text, ATS as a handy "Save as draft" button that will save your post as a draft that you can use latter.
2. When you edit a post be aware of the "Preview Post" button bug. If you use it you will see a preview of your post but the text shown on the edit area is the original text without your edit.

[edit on 4/8/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hey Scary Guy and welcome

I hope you have a long, joyous stay here

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
1. You don't need to use notepad to save your text, ATS as a handy "Save as draft" button that will save your post as a draft that you can use latter.
2. When you edit a post be aware of the "Preview Post" button bug. If you use it you will see a preview of your post but the text shown on the edit area is the original text without your edit.

[edit on 4/8/2007 by ArMaP]

Thanks, but it does me no good if I am typing a novel and hit the back/forward button on accident, hit another button, computer crashes, power goes out, etc.... It's easier just to use notepad with a file called scratchpad.txt and save it constantly so I don't loose any work.

As far as preview goes, I never preview or edit anything if I can avoid it. I like to get it right on the first try

top topics

join