It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I had a dream last night that I was laying in my old bed at my old house where I lived as a kid. I fell asleep in the dream and started dreaming of my grandpa. He passed away a little over a year ago. Anyways I experienced a weird sensation like I was moving basically through my bed. I also felt a weird sensation like I was twirling really fast. Then I heard my grandpa say something like he wants to communicate to me in the astral but I am not completely projecting yet.

I have tried astral projection before and made it to the astral a few times. Lately I have been having dreams where I start to get into the astral but then don't make it fully.

I was wondering if my grandpa was really actually trying to communicate with me because I clearly remember him whispering something to me.

If anyone has had similar experiences I would love to hear them.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I have only had this experience once, I cant figure out how to do it again, I wish I could as pretty much all my family(Mother, father, grandparents on both sides) has since past away and I am only 20. I would love to communicate, I have bought books and cds but nothing works for me. I would like to know as well...

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I've only been able to do it once also. I can't seem to do it again. I really wish I could, though.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I had a similar dream the night my friend died,I dreampt he arrived at my front door and as I shook his hand I noticed it was icy cold,because of this I try'd to pull away and a tug of war developed between us,I felt he was trying to pull me out the door,eventualy I managed to break away and close the door on him.
He was a really good friend to me and we had often discussed life after death,the occult and other 'left field' subjects and when I later found out that he had passed away that night(he had been living far away at the time)I have always regretted not going out the door with him as I feel I let him down.But then again,would I have ever woken up again?
Even more strange was a BBC television play I saw a few months later called the Naming of the Names.A young woman was dieing and her dead relatives were pulling her across to the other side by her hand,the same type of thing I had experienced,it kind of made my origional experience even more scary.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
That's a tough question, there are not really any set answers when it comes to your subconscious. I know your (and my) rational mind simply want to chalk it up to a quite vivid dream from someone you very likely cared for and looked up to. Then there's that other side of our minds telling us what if he truly is trying to make contact. To be honest though I have not heard very many stories of someones deceased relative contacting them on the Astral, I like to think they are on such a higher plane they have no need to, and vis versa.

Here's a thought though, when you attempt astral, if you are using the somewhat standard first step of clearing your mind, try focusing solely on the thought of your grandfather coming to you and assisting you in "breaking out" of your conscious body. Whether his spirit truly came to you or not, perhaps your imagination will take hold of that idea and use that to release your sub-conscious on to the astral.

top topics

join