It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Model T Takes on a HUMMER in Hill Climb and Wins!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yup, according to this article, there was a Model T hill climbing competition where they let a Hummer participate, just for fun. Well, it didn't turn out to be fun for the Hummer, the Hummer lost the hill climb to an 86 year old, 1921 Model T.

Model T Takes on a HUMMER in Hill Climb

It wasn't a fair fight at all, but for funsies, a vintage-car hill-climb allowed Forbes Magazine to enter a late model HUMMER H2. You know, just to see how the 316-hp, 4WD SUV would do against, say, a 100-hp 1921 Model T driven by a 70-year-old man. Like we said, it wasn't fair at all.

The HUMMER climbed the 475-foot-tall hill in 10.74 seconds and didn't even break a sweat. Among those not surprised at the HUMMER's prowess was Gary Le Fever, the Model T driver who was waiting at the top of the hill for the H2. Le Fever and his 86-year-old Ford had finished the climb in 9.96 seconds!

Talk about embarrassing!

I'm sure the Hummer's manufacturer will be asking for a re-match.

[edit on 30/7/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
That is hilarious!OMG!There's a few Hummers around in my city and the buggers think they own the road.Time to look around for an old Model T.HAHA what fun!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'll bet that H2 used alot more fuel that the Model T did as well!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hahahaha. Looks like I don't want a hummer after all! Perhaps I will just stick to sports cars from now on.

It is a bit hard to believe the Model T won, but it's very impressive.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Oh how I wish I had video of that!

[edit] Havn't found video yet, but the Forbes article added this:

Not only did the Model T beat the Hummer, it beat every other comer, including a modern turbocharged Dodge diesel and the county sheriff's patrol car.

[edit on 8/5/07 by makeitso]

new topics

top topics

join