It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Water Pyramids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i decided to post this when i finished by other thread about aliens depending on water. Does any one have any information on where the bodies of water were during this time frame and if this particular place was once dry?

Under Water Pyramid

Under Water Pyramid

Mod Edit: All caps in title

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Dulcimer]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This "pryamid site" was supposedly above water about 12 000 years ago.

I first read about this undersea site, Yonaguni, in Graham Hancock's book Underworld. If you check his website, he gives quite a bit of information about these structures.

www.grahamhancock.com...

And more images can be found here:

www.grahamhancock.com...

There is some controversy about whether these structures are man-made or natural as the rock cliffs above this underwater "city" also have the same flat planes and sharp angled corners.

Having the name of the site should give you a basis on which to do more of your own research. :-)

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
thank you. 12,000 years old? so this means that this would be the oldest city ever found. correct?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It's not a pyramid and its not a city.

It's a large rock outcrop that may have been partially altered by humans - which we know lived in the region at the end of the last ice age, before this area was submerged.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
It's not a pyramid and its not a city.

It's a large rock outcrop that may have been partially altered by humans - which we know lived in the region at the end of the last ice age, before this area was submerged.

so this would be the oldest object mankind has ever inhabited?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxstealth

so this would be the oldest object mankind has ever inhabited?

Well it was inhabited as such - it's solid rock. But people could have lived on or beside it. I'm not sure how the dates for submergence compare with some of the known settlements in the Middle East like Jericho (which date back over 10,000 years).

Of course, there are many caves where we know humans lived 100,000 or more years ago

new topics

top topics

join