It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Kids Take Part in Shooting Drill in School

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

This simulated school shooting drill took place in Albany, NY. I honestly don't see why they can't use adult actors for this, seems a bit over the top for younger folks. Why do they even bother to train like this, when in situations like Virginia Tech they just stand around and wait outside for orders like scared puppies. It would be nice to see some "take charge" attitude from the police when criminal shooters are in our childrens' schools. Alas, the only time I've seen that attitiude is during these drills.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
www.prisonplanet.com...

This simulated school shooting drill took place in Albany, NY. I honestly don't see why they can't use adult actors for this, seems a bit over the top for younger folks. Why do they even bother to train like this, when in situations like Virginia Tech they just stand around and wait outside for orders like scared puppies. It would be nice to see some "take charge" attitude from the police when criminal shooters are in our childrens' schools. Alas, the only time I've seen that attitiude is during these drills.

Virginia Tech University Police might not carry guns. There are alot of college and university police departments who despite the name of the agency do not or are not allowed to carry guns for various reasons such as college/university officials not wanting an armed police force, a local agency wont issue firearms permits to the college/university officers, etc.

Example: Suffolk County Community College Public Safety officers are unarmed yet have full peace officer status but the college president refuses to allow them to carry guns or even pepper spray/mace and batons. The county makes up for this by assigning Suffolk County deputy sheriffs to patrol the 3 community college campuses on a random basis to help the colleges cops if there is an incident that requires an armed cop.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Virginia Tech University Police might not carry guns.

(emphasis mine)

Well until you can prove that, I'm not a believer.

These police act like tough guys around the kids, yet when real trouble comes, they stay back and wait for orders. We've all seen how much good that does.

new topics

join